It's Just An Empty Cup

It's Just An Empty Cup

Sometimes we have to bring it back to the basics.

741
It's Just An Empty Cup
Wikia

Dinoco: You just gave up the Piston Cup, you know that?

McQueen: Ah. This grumpy old racecar I know once told me somethin': it's just an empty cup.

Cars. A true classic in my opinion. All the good Disney movies you can easily apply to your life. Be a better friend. Love a little more. Stay away from evil. Follow your heart. I think that is why kids have such pure hearts (most of the time anyway). I think we could all learn a lesson or two from the younger generation. So today, I wanna take us back to the basics.

Sometimes, well most of the time actually; I get caught up in my own races. Pass the test. Get the degree. Find a job. Start a family. Succeed. Go go go. Don't worry about the other people running the same race, because that will only slow me down. I am on the fast track to victory.

I want that Piston Cup. I will work hard. I will take the turns God wants me to take as long as it is the same route as mine because God, this really is what you want for me. I will love people as long as they do not get in my way. This attitude of mine I try not to show on the outside like McQueen's, but I would be lying if I said I didn't have the same thoughts.

So then, God has to pull me over in Radiator Springs for a little while so that I can fix my attitude. He puts these people in my life that support and encourage me. He brings me the wise, whether young or old. God completely changes my heart. He shows me that the treasures I have on earth mean nothing. But the treasures I have waiting in Heaven mean everything.

But then I get the opportunity to get on that fast track again. I am excited because I have even more knowledge and preparation for this. I am ready to win that Piston Cup, but then I see that guy over there. The one that needs a little bit of Jesus. He needs kind words and a push in the right direction. So I should stop. Because it isn't about being first. McQueen didn't win the Piston Cup, but he certainly won the race.

That is what we are called to do. To love our neighbor as ourselves. To love like Jesus does. So maybe we need to take a good look at what we are racing towards. An empty cup or a full one? Are we doing it alone? Do we want other people to bask in the victory too? Am I racing for God or for me? Applying this lesson to God's Word makes it seem harder than when I first watched this movie 10 years ago. But sometimes we just have to bring it back to the beginning in order to make it to the end.

Matthew 20:16- "So the last will be first, and the first will be last."