It's A Good Life

It's A Good Life

enjoy the little things

20
It's A Good Life

I know that life gets hard, and messy, overwhelming and chaotic. But these temporary feelings should not be an overall reflection of this beautiful life we have.

We have so many things right at the tips of our fingers to remind us, it's a good life.

We have sunrises. I know it's early, but they are a honest, beautiful reminder than every day has a new promise. And sunsets. They can take your breathe away.

There is the first sip of 'not too hot' coffee or hot chocolate, that can instantly make a person feel better and warm. There is the smell of your mom's homemade food, giving us the feeling of comfort and safety.

We have wildflowers that are a representation of something beautiful and free. There is the feeling of standing on top of a mountain and looking out at the world- and I can't think of a more liberating moment than that.

The moments you get to spend with your grandparents, and I encourage you to ask them about their lives. It's so interesting to hear about how they grew up. Or hearing the giggle of your niece, nephew, or baby cousin. So light and carefree.

A car ride with the windows down and music turned up. Moments like this allow you to simply get lost in your own little world- with no worries at all. Or a song you hear on the radio at the perfect moment, bringing all the pieces together.

Don't forget about the smell of clean laundry, or the feeling of sand between your toes.

There is the excitement of the first date, filled with possibility and wonder. Or the safety and comfort you feel when you're in the arms of the love of your life. An innocent kiss, filled with nothing but pure intentions.

The innocent way a puppy licks your face, or a butterfly lands next to you.

Don't forget about the tight feeling in your stomach when you're laughing too hard, reminding you that you are alive and can be happy. Or going on a mini road trip with your friends, and getting lost in adventure.

There is something magnificent about dancing in the rain, feeling the raindrops on your skin. Or the wind passing through your hair, making you feel as though you could fly.

This is a very good life. There are so many things that compose this magnificent life, and it is ours to live.

Live it well.