It's Fun Being Nihilistic

It's Fun Being Nihilistic

As a nihilist I believe that there is no essential value or purpose to existence or to the universe, so I see no true important distinction between right and wrong.

779
It's Fun Being Nihilistic
Nihilism: From Surreality to Virtual Reality

Google (because I'm a millenial) defines nihilistic as "rejecting all religious and moral principles in the belief that life is meaningless." And honestly, it is so fun to be nihilistic. I have absolutely made a lot more adventurous decisions (some bad, but not completely regrettable) by just ending each decision process with the thought "Ehh, we're all gonna die anyway, so, why not?"

The idea of death doesn't scare me, but motivates me to enjoy every moment possible! Life seems like a mission to have the most fun and do all the exciting things I can think of before I die. This lifestyle is sort of like one huge bucket list. Why not try to fill your time on Earth doing fun things and truly enjoying yourself as an attempt to add meaning to your pointless existence? We have nothing else to do.

With all due respect to Miley Cyrus, if you’re a lame, that’s not a shame and you can still hang with us! Also, you’re not a lame; you’re a human. Today’s pop culture revolves around what’s “cool,” and if you don’t have something or don’t do something that’s “cool,” you’re lame. Adolescents tend to be phased by pop culture's pressure more often than anyone else, so I'm hoping for more teenagers to become nihilists! Because none of that matters to you if you are a nihilist who keeps reminding yourself that you’re just going to die!

Even though I am a nihilist, it doesn’t mean that I have to act like a nihilist. As a nihilist I believe that there is no essential value or purpose to existence or to the universe, so I see no true important distinction between right and wrong, but that doesn’t mean that I would burn down a forest, because 1. that’s illegal, and 2. I don’t agree with destroying nature. I want to get rid of the stereotype that nihilists are anarchists. At the end of the day (actually at the end of your life) there's no real difference between spending your time writing a novel and spending your time watching TV. I understand that during your life, it is nicer to spend your time doing something more productive and/or fulfilling, but we're all just killing time, so I try to not take myself so seriously all the time.