"It's A Wonderful Life" Teaches Us To Not Take Things In Life For Granted

This timeless classic offers us a message to learn this holiday season

61

"Look daddy, every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings," is one of the most recognized lines when you think of a holiday movie. This movie reference is from "It's A Wonderful Life ", and is considered a holiday classic that was released in 1947. The holiday season is a special time to be with the ones that we love the most. Whether they would be friends or family, the holidays are ways to connect with the ones who are significant in our lives and this film has this special holiday feel to it. "It's A Wonderful Life" has all the elements of a holiday film, a movie that takes place on or around the holidays, and a movie that has the holiday spirit with a joyous message about love and peace.

The main plot of this film is revolved around a man named George Bailey who is played by James Stewart .Bailey is considering suicide on Christmas Eve, but before he goes through this act a second class angel comes down to show him how his life would be like if he did not exist. The day even before Bailey is shown thinking about suicide the audience is able to see how is life was like and how he grew up and runs a successful business and how he met his wife and started up his family. While watching the film I sometimes forget that it is a holiday movie since it shows the life of Bailey. The last half of the movie deals more with the spirit of Christmas.

"It's A Wonderful Life" has taught me that our lives are important in all ways and we touch the lives of others without even thinking about it. The backdrop of Christmas makes the perfect setting for redemption and second chances which is a great message to remember for the holidays. With our lives touching each other in so many ways it makes us realize how we must be grateful for all of the things in life that we have. We must make sure we do not take those things we have for granted which is why I love watching this film around the holidays. This is my go to holiday film whenever someone asks me what is my favorite holiday movie is.It is a film everyone should watch to get into the holiday spirit and to learn more about how in our personal lives we positively impact those around us.