6 Random Items To Bring To Dance Marathon

Items to keep you awake and moving in the 26.2 hours that you might not have thought about.

451
Sullivan Henry

Packing for Dance Marathon can be a challenge in many aspects. Figuring out what is needed to stay awake AND move for 26.2 hours is just one part of the dilemma. Dressing to each of the theme hours, getting food and drinks to last well into the night are other areas that are taken into consideration. While packing, here are some random items that are beneficial that you might not have thought about.

1. Tennis Balls.

Obviously, standing for 26.2 hours can take a toll on the arches of your feet. An old trick is to rub your foot back and forth on a tennis ball. This relieves the pressure that is built up between the ball and heel of your foot.

2. Peppermint Oil.

Peppermint oil is scientifically proven to be a stimulant, both physically and mentally. Rubbing a little bit of peppermint oil under your eyes and on your temples can instantly energize you. This can help during the “dead” hours of the night/ early morning.

3. At least 4 different pairs of shoes.

Make sure to bring every type of shoe you own. This includes: flip-flops, sneakers, slippers, and supportive sneakers. Wearing different types of shoes through out the event makes sure that your feet don’t form to a specific arch, making them hurt faster and longer.

4. A bag of rice.

As random as it sounds, a bag of rice is helpful to walk on during the last hours of standing. The different texture on the bottom of your feet makes them ache less and provides a new sensation to vitalize them for the rest of the event.

5. Your fanny pack.

Having a fanny pack around your waist the entire time makes dancing more fun. You can have your phone, gum, a snack, anything in your pack at easy access during the event without having to hold on to it.

6. Crazy socks.

The crazier the better. You don't have to go all out for the different theme hours during the event. Just wearing fun socks can bring morale to you, other dancers, and especially the kids.