Satire On Narrative: It Was Just A Fly

Satire On Narrative: It Was Just A Fly

An abuser tries to apologize to his victim.

34
Satire On Narrative: It Was Just A Fly
Photo by Chris Curry on Unsplash

Please forgive me, my love.

I did not mean to offend your gracious presence and beauty with such a small offense. You know me, and I know your deepest secrets. So please, accept my plea for forgiveness.

I am sorry that you chose to invest your emotions so poorly in such a small and insignificant creature. It all started when you met him. He buzzed around my ear and annoyed my surroundings. His mere presence was troublesome so I swatted at him. As always, you were near me and screamed. You felt bad about this fly, even though I was trying to protect you. You then took him into our home. This imperfection, this dent in our love was too insurmountable for me to ignore. I tried my hardest to please you, but the fly was too much.

Your grace, your beauty, your face, personality, your body. I miss you so dearly.

When I first met you, you lent yourself to me perfectly. You were caught so easily, and you obeyed. Because you were so good until that fly came into the room, I zapped our love away. Too soon for any connection, too small and fragile to take into consideration, yet you held it above what we had. I created this person so perfect, yet you betray me?

My amalgamation, my love, is fragile too. But I looked past that for who you truly are. You are mine. You were mine. And now, you are gone, away from me, away from what you know. You must be so scared. I judged your faith in me too strong, you are too weak for me. I am sorry, baby, I really am. That you choose to hold a six-legged creature in higher regard than me.

It was when you had built that habitat for him. That was when I knew you had gone too far. He had a light, plant, and a few pebbles. Every afternoon you moisturized his room and kept him warm and comfortable. He was nursed with tweezers and tender, small hands. Hands that should have been tender towards me. You even fed him leftover crumbs from our dinner. You would check on him every couple of hours to make sure he was okay. While you were doing that, I craved you and your attention towards me. He has no place in our love.

You picked him over me. This tiny thing took your devotion from me.

One day, you had left me to get some supplies for him. I walked over to his house and saw him. Then, I knew we were over. The fly had produced eggs. I thought the worst. You had cheated on me with this fly. They only live for a couple of hours, but you had him for months. Weary of the consequences that this would spawn, I smashed his house down. I desecrated his eggs, and I crushed him. He paid for taking what is mine.

When you came home to find out what had happened, you broke down. You wailed over his loss. We both know that if I had met that same fate you would not have cared as much. Your femininity had taken control over your reasoning and rationale. Your womanhood had gained control, I could not allow that. You left me, so I kicked you out. You leave me alone with no choice.

Although I do miss you, I am glad that I left my dignity intact.

To care about a careless creature is immoral and wrong. I will not associate with such degenerative actions and I will not live with the constant reminder that you love anything else but me. But you have to come home sometime. Your stuff is an empty void in my space. You are my life, and I built your life. Please come back.

So, since you have blocked me on any form of communication and social media, I am writing this publically. After all, I am left alone. I am justified.

It was just a fly.