It Took Me 20 Years To Accept The Fact That Every BODY Can Wear Leggings

I've recently entered the wonderful world of leggings. But it took me a LONG time to get here.

I envied the girls in high school who were confident enough to wear leggings. I always wore jeans instead because I could never find the confidence to wear leggings and be proud of myself in them.

I was so excited when I finally found a pair of leggings that I liked, however, I lacked the confidence to wear them with anything but an oversized hockey jersey.

I rarely wore them to school because I didn't want to hear the all of the comments.

"Girls like you shouldn't wear leggings."

"You need to buy different pants."

"Why are you wearing those?"

"That's not dressing for your body type."

My body type is MY body.

I can dress it in whatever way makes me feel the most confident.

As I approach 21 and look back at my teenage years, I wish I could have told my younger self to wear those leggings proudly. I wish she could have known and felt how almost-21-year-old Hannah does now.

This article isn't only about finding the perfect pair of leggings but also finding your confidence. Who cares if someone doesn't think I can rock a pair of leggings? Be confident in who you are. Own your brand – whatever you want it to be.

As I type this article (in my leggings of course), I still have miles to go in the realm of self-image acceptance and body positivity. But it is also important to reflect on how far we as individuals have come.

Do I care what you think about how my body looks in these leggings? No. It may have taken me 20 years to come to this point, but now that I'm here, you will never shame me out of my leggings.