Family Love

Family Love

It Really Is The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

8
Family Love
Photos by John OBrien, Jr.

It’s the most wonderful time, of the year

I can’t decide which holiday I like more. Thanksgiving is family, food and football, but most of all, being aware of, and thankful for, all the gifts in your life. Self-awareness is good; crafting gratefulness in the everyday little blessings take a bit more vision and banning of blinders. In a world that often can’t get further than the mirror, the touch of glass isn’t a window to your soul, it’s a door, if you can see past the pane.

My folks are immigrants. Growing up we had no relatives in the U.S., . Tho I have no kids, Christmas rocks! And hurts, in the space between breathing in and out. They are my family, yet, I have no family of my own. Holidays are joy to my heart, and so piercingly painful, all in that same in and out.

From a good wrastle to a good wine, memories of Christmas are what we are giving to these fun and funny kids, so they will associate the day with great laughter, great hugs and great warmth, all that family should be. We’re creating their past, before they grow to families of their own.

Mangiamoh is Italian for Let's Eat! Literal; symbolical; Life. Appreciate your kids, love them of course, but appreciate them, live in the moment with them. Create moments worth memories, for you, and for your children, full of love, full of guidance, full of laughter. Take lotsa photos, videos and record the memories you create. The moments will blur in the march of time, the feelings won’t.

It is Thanksgiving Thursday, also my birthday. I am grateful, I am blessed; I am the last of my line.

“Follow me where I go, what I do and who I know;

http://songsandstories.net/myblog/feed/ www.songsandstories.net www.facebook.com/OhioIrishAmericanNews www.twitter.com/jobjr Instagram: LiveMoreLifeBeMoreIrish