Is The Dyson Airwrap Worth It?

Is The Dyson Airwrap Worth It?

Let's talk about that $550 price point.

7
Is The Dyson Airwrap Worth It?
Photo from Ulta

If you're into hair styling tools, you've probably heard of the Dyson Airwrap. But if not, it's a hair dryer that curls, waves, smooths and drys with air rather than heat. It comes with up to 6 attachments, and retails at the whopping price point of $549.99.

I don't personally own the Airwrap, but my sister used it on me for my friend's birthday party last weekend. As an avid user of the $40 Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer, I was skeptical about trying the Airwrap out.

My experience:

The first thing I noticed was the heat. My usual blow dryer gets pretty hot, so the Airwrap's lower temperature was a drastic change. Not to mention, it made my hair instantly smooth, with no sign of any frizz.

As my personal hair stylist for the night, my sister used the firm smoothing brush to dry my hair, and then used the 1.2 and 1.6 inch barrels to curl it. Since my friend's party wasn't until the next day, I reluctantly slept on the curls. However, when I woke up the next day, I looked like I was fresh out of the salon.

Photo taken the day after stylingAmanda Kessler

The pictures above were taken the day after styling, after having slept on my curls. I must say I was impressed with how they held up. However, the final test was whether they could stand a night outside in the humidity.

I won't keep you waiting.. I am happy to announce that I spent the whole night celebrating my friend's birthday, and my curls didn't budge.

Birthday girl left, me rightAmanda Kessler

If you don't believe me, here's a shot of the birthday girl and I enjoying some cake.

Although the Dyson Airwrap is far from affordable, my justification is that it will save you money on salon visits in the long run. If you are super into hair styling tools and feel like treating yourself, I would say that the Dyson Airwrap is worth it.

I personally am not ready to give up my Revlon blow dryer just yet, but I will be mooching off my sister for her Airwrap as long as she'll let me. These curls don't lie!