5 Reasons Why 'Inuyasha' Remains My Favorite Anime Of All Time
Television Streaming

Captivated by its magnificent hand drawn animation and its interesting story, we kept continuing to watch "Inuyasha" from that day forward.

1839
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7XlwHwut2g

The first time that I ever watched "Inuyasha" was one, late night on Adult Swim with my sisters. Captivated by its magnificent hand-drawn animation and its interesting story, we kept continuing to watch "Inuyasha" from that day forward. The story of the anime depicts a young girl named Kagome Higurashi, who can travel back in time to the demon-infested feudal era of Japan and encounters a young half-demon boy named Inuyasha. From there, Inuyasha and Kagome fight off demons and collect the missing shards of the sacred Shikon Jewel, the desired treasure that can grant a wish and power to anyone. With the goal of restoring the Shikon Jewel, they can stop the menace of the evil demon, Naraku who have ruined Inuyasha and his friends' lives because of his greediness of power.

Other than the story, here are five reasons why "Inuyasha" remains as my number one favorite anime of all time.

1. The great cast

The characters are awesome when they interact with each other. The main group of the anime consists of Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kirara, and Shippo. They all bring the best of each other. They always have each other's back and work together when they need to. Moreover, they have a great time having fun when they decide to have a break or rest during their journey. One is never bored watching them on their journey. Other than this group, Jaken, Rin and Sesshomaru, who is Inuyasha's competitive older brother also helps add in the spirit of the cast which also makes the anime more enjoyable to watch. There is also a pitiable priestess named Kikyo who helps add in the tension and drama to the main cast. Although there are more characters, these main characters are the ones that I adore watching.

2. The filler episodes are necessary

Out of all the animes that I have ever watched, this is the only anime that I can accept its filler episodes. This time, the filler episodes are so funny and they add so much liveliness to the characters. The filler episodes flow nicely with the story. It is also a break from the dark elements of the story. Also, the filler episodes does not extend so long. As for the second part of the anime, "Inuyasha: The Final Act," it needs more filler episodes!

3. The songs are lovely to hear

This is the anime that actually really introduced me and my sisters Japanese songs. The opening credits songs are wonderful and sync well with the animation. This goes the same with the ending credits songs as well as the insert songs. Not only the songs with lyrics, but also the original soundtrack or background music are smoothing to hear. These songs from "Inuyasha" demonstrate the beauty of the Japanese language to us. This is the anime to watch if one wants to hear and like Japanese songs.

4. The beautiful animation

For me, this is the anime to watch if one wants to become passionate of Japanese animation drawing. "Inuyasha" is the anime that have me and my sisters to adore anime drawing style as well as manga drawing style since "Inuyasha" has started out as a manga. From watching this anime, one can see that the animation of "Inuyasha" is unique and very detailed. In addition, one can see that the animators took the time and care into the characters. Unlike the new anime that we have today, their characters and their design all look the same. Therefore, "Inuyasha" still stands out as one of the most beautiful and unique animes of all time to me.

5. The couples to ship

This is the first anime that have given me and my sisters anime couples or OTPs to ship. To be honest, all the couples that we have shipped all came true in this anime. Their couples also made sense. Throughout the episodes of "Inuyasha," there are many hints and development that show us that some of the characters should be a couple. With the characters becoming official couples, they have contributed to a great, happy ending and to the big reason why "Inuyasha" is worth to watch from beginning to the end. The couples are fun to cheer for throughout the anime!

Up to this day, "Inuyasha" still remains as a classic and nostalgic anime that have bought me and my sisters an adventure that we will never forget from our childhood.