Intro To The Marines: You Too Can Earn The Title - Pt. 2

If you want the title, you have to earn it, warriors.

30
WSJ

Welcome back to your regularly scheduled program, ladies and gentlemen. This, just so happens to be part 2 of my ongoing intro to Marines series. Last, week, we covered the delayed entry program and life as a poolee. This week, we just so happen to get to go over bootcamp, the best and worst three months you'll spend in the Marine Corps.

We first begin with Phase One. This is a very hectic month due to the fact that most of it is paperwork and a lot of screaming/running lest you get I.Td or incentive training. You must understand, Marine Corps bootcamp is not for the weak or innocent. It is designed to make a fighter, a killer out of you. So, for all you crybaby college kids out there whining about free college and anti-military, stay very far away because Marines aren't too fond of that kind of talk. Anyway, to the topic at hand. Phase One consists of primarily learning the basics of the Marine Corps, swim qualification, gas chamber, and a lot of physical training. Phase One is where you start to see who people really are. Phase One brings out the crybaby and starts eliminating it.

Phase Two begins the so-called indoctrination phase. This is when the shooting takes place. The first week is all about knowledge to prepare for the final test at the conclusion of third phase; yes, I said test. Week two is grass week. All you do is sit and aim at a barrel all day and then get I.Td when you get back to the squad bay. Week three is the actual fun, firing week. You get to fire an M16A4 service rifle and not get I.Td. The last week of Phase Two is more fun I.Td that you missed out on from last week.

Phase Three, the final three weeks before becoming a United States Marine. the first week is all about table two firing, or rapid fire, and then B.W.T or basic warrior training. B.W.T is designed to not only prepare you for the Crucible, but also for life out in the field. week two is paperwork. This paperwork is so that you can get the hell off of Parris Island or San Diego and onto bigger and better things. week three is the culmination of everything you've learned over the past 12 weeks. A three day nonstop event known as, the Crucible. A 54 hour training event that, if completed, earns you the title that only point 1 percent of America has ever earned, the title of United States Marine.

Once you reach this stage, you'll feel a sensation you've never felt before. I know I did when I was handed that Eagle, Globe and Anchor. Don't forget to stay tuned for next week's part three where I go over M.C.T and I.T.B. Stay skating and Semper Fi Devil Dogs!