Thoughts Before An Interview

12 Thoughts You Have Before An Interview

It's a mix of excitement and anticipation with a little bit of nervousness.

46
https://www.pexels.com/photo/agreement-beard-brainstorming-business-615475/

Last week I had a job interview and I don't think I will ever get used to the feeling you get before an interview. It's a mix of excitement and anticipation with a little bit of nervousness. And I realized that there are some pretty funny things you think of before an interview.

1. "Ok so I gotta get there like an hour early just in case theres traffic or any sort of catastrophic disaster."

I got there an hour early but on the bright side it gave me time to eat and relax.

2. "Am I dressed appropriately?"

So, coming from someone who had nearly zero interview experience or attire (yes I live in jeans and t-shirts). I had to get out of my comfort zone and make sure I looked professional.

3. "Let me find a bathroom to get myself together."

I don't know about you but whenever I have an important meeting or situation, I usually go to the bathroom to get myself together and make sure I look good. It's my little breather moment.

4. "Wow, I really do look professional" 

Let me tell you this, I nailed that business casual look and I felt like a #girlboss in my blazer and jumpsuit.

5. "Should I get coffee before to be more energetic?"

Listen, I'm an avid coffee drinker and a kind of caffeine addict so I really had to make the right choice here. And FYI, yes I did go get some coffee before.

6." Should I  shake their hand?"

Since you already know I'm a newbie at this, I did genuinely ask myself this. And pro-tip, always shake people's hands.

7. "Just walk around and pretend to know where you’re going. Come on you just have to find this room."

When you're entering a new building and you have a designated destination but have NO IDEA WHERE TO GO, yes this was me. And of course, naturally, I did everything in my power to find the room on my own.

8. "Nope, this isn't the room either. Time to ask someone."

Yeah I couldn't find the room though so it was time to ask for some help.

9. "Should I say my greatest weakness is perfectionism or is that too generic?"

You best know I looked up the most common interview questions and I was trying my hardest to generate the best answer. And this was a genuine thought.

10. "Ok, well this is it. I'm going to try my best but God it’s all in your hands. "

Right before walking into that room, I had prepared as best as I could and was going to do my best but ultimately it's in God's hands. If He's opening the doors then I'll go but if not, He knows what's best for me and I trust Him.