You can learn some pretty interesting stuff from looking at fun facts, even if it is useless information. These are some of my favorite ones.
Well, I thought butterflies were cute...
2. If you were to live in complete darkness, your body would eventually adjust to a 48-hour-day where you stay awake for 36 hours and then sleep for 12 hours.
I guess that's one way to change my sleep schedule. If only I could retreat from society and live in darkness for the rest of my life. Too bad I have classes to attend.
3. Japan has retirement homes for senior dogs.
America, why is this not a thing?
4. Your lie will be more convincing if you have to pee while you tell it because of the 'inhibitory spillover effect.'
Moral of the story: always have to pee when you're around people, so they can never know when you're lying.
Those companies are GE, News-Corp, Disney, Viacom, Time Warner, and CBS. I can't say I'm surprised because most of the shows that I continue to watch on TV come from these channels. It's crazy to think that these six companies control the majority of what we watch.
Well, the meaning of that word changed for the worse.
Where can I sign up?
The repetition calms you because knowing the outcome helps you feel safe in an unpredictable world, and it comforts you by recapturing lost feelings.
I have a friend who watches Pirates of the Caribbean at least once a month, if not more. Who knew that rewatching movies could have such a deep meaning. I'm always trying to find new movies to watch but maybe I should be focusing on finding one that I want to watch over and over again.
9. A football huddle was invented at Gallaudet University, an all-deaf school, to prevent opposing teams from seeing their signs.
I never would've guessed that this is how huddles started.
So, why are we cutting down so many trees without replanting new ones? Pretty soon we're going to be screaming for trees!
Well, that's one way to mentally mess with someone... They never know when their last day will be until it's too late. Maybe that's what they deserve.
12. Hummingbirds have such a high metabolism that they are always hours away from starving to death.
Hummingbirds can quite literally eat all of the time and not gain any weight.
Dating is really just about convenience... totally makes sense.