How to Be A Girl Boss In Your Early 20s
Life Stages

How To Be A COMPLETE Girl Boss In Your Early 20s

Be that girl who shows up and never gives up.

144
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoZGBD_hqaX/

Have a goal? Write it down and be specific. Write it down on paper, on your phone, make a vision board, etc. If you can visualize you achieving goals, you're more likely to work harder to achieve them. Be that girl who shows up and never gives up. Be that girl who never lets fear or doubt take over. Be that girl who believes anything is possible and works for it. Be the best version of you that you can be because deep down you know exactly what you're capable of. There are even moments when you get a glimpse of the potential you have. You can and you will get there.

1. Girl boss mind= girl boss actions

You really don't want to get in the habit of creating obstacles for yourself or distractions for yourself. There is never a "right" time to start something! The one thing I noticed about excuses is once you start making them it's really easy to keep doing it, it's very contagious you know your body and your mind starts to realize that I can get away with anything if I don't feel like it. At the end of the day, being a girl boss isn't about proving to other people that you're a girl boss, it's about proving it to yourself. Try your best to not create obstacles for yourself or to not create excuses for yourself. If there's something you're pursuing, do it. One of the best examples that I can think of for having a girl boss mind is to constantly learn about whatever it is that you're interested in. For me, I like learning about Sociology and Criminal Justice (because I love court cases and true crime) I try to read as many books as I can and watch as many documentaries as I can to educate myself. Honestly, when you start out and you're trying to learn as much as you can and thinking about your goals that's when you truly start seeing things kind of manifest and seeing things happen for yourself and realize that you're the one driving this ship and you're the one in control.

2. Be organized

I think it's important to be organized in two areas: planning. A planner is super important because I write everything down, school related, Odyssey stuff related, personal related, etc. If I write everything down and throughout the day I mark stuff off my list, it feels so awarding and I've accomplished something for the day. You think you can remember everything in your head but honestly you can't (at least being a college student, it's almost impossible.) So why set yourself up to fail when you can't remember your to-do list? Like why put all of that stress and anxiety in your head when you can avoid it and plan ahead to accomplish it instead.

3. The 10 ways rule

Every month pick 10 small goals for yourself. Some good examples are waking up an extra hour earlier, going to bed earlier or planning your day. It can be 10 small tasks but something that will make you feel better about yourself. You can come up with 10 small goals to help you reach this big goal that you want.

4. Be fueled by passion

When I was in the wrong career, I lost it. When I was an education major, I was so focused on that goal that I wasn't thinking about anything else and when I couldn't have it and I was devastated about it. I discovered something else and another career that I enjoy way more. Since changing my major in college, I'm way happier and I enjoy what I'm doing and the classes I'm taking way more! Do something you're passionate about! Is there something else you could do to light that spark and that fire to make you feel good and to make you feel like this is what you would want to do? Sometimes you have to open up your mind a little bit and open your arms to change and you'll be way happier with yourself. Let yourself be proud of your progress, even when something hasn't gone your way. Take time to reflect and then come back and hit the ground running again.