14 Inspiring Female TV Leads

14 Female Characters Who Put The 'Whoa' In Woman

Women of cinema and television any female can connect with and be inspired by.

188

Cinema and television are reflections of society and personalities. Having women who are strong and powerful is motivating and allows us, women, to feel empowered and represented. No matter what race or ethnicity you may be, these characters are one not to be messed with, and neither should you.

1. Jane Villanueva, "Jane the Virgin"

Jane Gloria Villanueva was the average girl with a dream to write, when her life suddenly took a drastic turn. After being accidentally artificially inseminated by her doctor, Jane faces numerous obstacles and battles regarding her new life. Jane continues to achieve her lifelong goals and live her life to the fullest. Copying the writing styles of Latin telenovela's, "Jane the Virgin" will definitely grab your attention.

2. Rainbow Johnson, "Black-ish"

Her name sure fits her personality. Rainbow is such a positive and inspring character. Handling the roles of being a wife, mother, and doctor, her main goal is to keep everyone happy, healthy and safe. Watching Bow, you cant help but smile.

3. Hermione Granger, "Harry Potter" franchise

Sassy. Smart. And some more sass. Dealing with bullying, handling a prestigious school, and being the best of the best, Miss Granger is one to look up too. (And if we are being real, Harry and Ron would not be able to survive with her.)

4. Shuri, "Marvel's Black Panther"

Shuri! Queen of quoting memes. Inventor of majority of Wakanda's technology. A warrior. Oh and shes a princess. Shuri is EXTREMELY talented and above average when it comes to brains. She is a great role model for young black girls.

5. Raven Baxter, "That's So Raven"

(That's so Raven!) It's the future I can see. (That's so Raven) It's so mysterious to meeee! (If you sang, hi-five!) Raven was a fashion icon and silly high school student who just wanted to do the right thing even if she ended up in the most obscure situations. Raven was also a curvy black teen, who many girls, like myself, could relate to.

6. Mulan, "Mulan"

Need I say anything at all? Mulan was a warrior who didn't settle for anything or anyone. Going to war, dressing as a man, and successfully defeating the Huns, Mulan is one of the boldest and courageous women in Disney. (Plus can we talk about that soundtrack?!?!?)

7. Mia Thermopolis, "The Princess Diaries"

Amelia Mignonette Thermopolis Renaldi. Princess of Genovia. Mia Themopolis was a plain jane who suddenly became next in line for the Genovian throne. Mia transformed from the frizzy curls and thick brows, to silky hair and fleek brows, and never changed her personality to be popular or fit in. Mia is the one to be best friends with!

8. Kim Possible, "Kim Possible"

In danger or trouble, she's there on the double. You know that you always can call Kim Possible. Every young girl thought she was Kim Possible at some point in her life. A nice cheerleader who fought evil, saved the wprld countless times and was an overall BADDIE! Kim was the girl to be. Plus, the movies that followed were just as, if not more, entertaining and loveable. (Is that theme song in your head now)

9. Bonnie Bennett, "The Vampire Diaries"

Bonnie was one of the BEST female characters on "The Vampire Diaries". She was always the one to call when Damon, Elena, or Caroline was ever in trouble. Bonnie went through a lot and still stayed strong until the very end. She is the reason why they survived so long.

10. Elle Woods, "Legally Blonde"

Elle showed us that we can do anything we put our minds too. Our worth is not based on our looks but by how we see ourselves. If you want to an ivy league school, do what you need in order to make sure they have you a seat. Elle served looks and tea, showing women can be just as equal as their male counterparts.

11. Nola Darling, "Netflix: She's Gotta Have It"

Nola Dartling is a feminist icon. Openly exploring her sexuality and being completely unapolgetic with her lifestyle, she continues to thrive in her New York lifestyle. Her artwork and views of the female body is something to be inspired by.

12. Michonne, "The Walking Dead"

Just by this gif you can tell, Michonne is a toal bad-ass. A black woman with super skills with a katana, who will NOT hesitate to use it, is a woman worth obsessing over. She may or may not be a jedi.... that's up for debate.

13. Claire Temple, Marvel's "Daredevil" / "Jessica Jones" / "Luke Cage" / "The Defenders"

The moment I was introduced to Claire, I instantly fell in love, She is a woman of color in the medical who is crazy smart and talented. Although she deals with those with superhuman strangth and abilites, she is the ultimate power nurse.