To The Teachers Who Inspired Me To Want To Follow The Same Path And Become A Teacher

I want to influence my future students' lives the same way you influenced mine.

610
teacher and students

To The Teachers Who Made Me Want To Become A Teacher,

You may not have realized it at the time, but each and every one of you truly changed my life. Not only did you teach me the material you were required to, but you taught me so much more. You taught me to work hard for what I want in life. You taught me to chase after all of my dreams, even the ones that don't seem reasonable. You taught me that even the smallest actions matter and even the tiniest moments can have the biggest impact on someone's life.

Thank you all for teaching me that it's OK to fail as long as you don't stop trying. Thank you for believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself. Thank you for showing me that it's OK to be quirky and that fitting in is overrated. Thank you for showing me how to think for myself and form my own opinions. Thank you for fostering my love for reading and writing. Thank you for making me a better student, leader, friend, and overall person.

For years when I was trying to figure what I wanted to do with my life, I always said that I wanted to make a positive impact on people and change the world however I could. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that some of the most positive influences in my life were teachers.

Teachers have this fantastic opportunity not only to encourage students to become passionate about their chosen subjects, but to offer unconditional love, guidance, and encouragement to their students, especially the ones who may not receive those things from anywhere else.

Thanks to you all, I have finally realized my true passion for teaching and helping others, and I am so excited to begin my journey as a future educator. I am confident that this is the right path for me, and I owe it all to the teachers that made me fall in love with learning.

Sincerely,

A Grateful Former Student