14 Inspirational Quotes Every College Student Needs To Know

9474
http://eclecticemily.com/

They say college is the best four years of your life and so far I agree, but that doesn't mean there aren't a few bumps in the road along the way. Many college students will experience the I-have-no-idea-what-I'm-doing-with-my-life phase—including me. This phase can leave you discouraged and hopeless, but remember there is a lesson to be learned from every obstacle and light at the end of every tunnel.

Here are a few inspirational quotes I think every college student needs to know.

Congrats on this one! You've already been accepted into college and made the courageous decision to leave your parents' house and venture on your own. Now, you have to go the extra mile and get ahead.

“Do you know what happens when you give a procrastinator a good idea? Nothing!”
Donald Gardner

We're all guilty of procrastinating at one point or another but don't make a habit of it! Then, you're throwing away perfectly good opportunities to succeed.

Piggybacking off of procrastination, don't let yourself push off the important things or maybe if you're pushing something off, it's not something you should be pursuing. Make sure to keep your priorities in check while also doing things that make you happy.

Spread positivity! Compliment a stranger, say "thank you" to your barista, catch up with an old friend, hold the door open for the person behind you, etc. The littlest acts of kindness go a long way.

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill

Life isn't fair or easy but be grateful to live it. When life knocks you down, get up and try again.

How many college students do you know that have changes their major three times? It happens and it's okay. Do what makes you happy. If that means, changing your original plans, take the risk.

"The only source of knowledge is experience."
Albert Einstein

This is so true. That's why your parents and professors tell you to apply for internships. It's great to have a stellar GPA but real world experience is what's going to put you ahead of others.

Never stop learning! After college, you'll learn a lot through real world experience but even then pick up a good book at least once a year. It'll never hurt you to know more rather than less.

“Many of life’s failures are people who had not realized how close they were to success when they gave up.”
Thomas A Edison

This quote made me stop and think so I hope it makes you do the same. It made me think about how many times I've walked away from something in frustration or even fear yet I was probably so close to accomplishing it. This is why you should never give up.

Take every opportunity presented to you. Take risks even if the outcome is unknown.

"Never complain and never explain."
Benjamin Disraeli

Too often do college students complain about every little thing in their lives. Learn to rant and move on. Look at the positives instead of the negatives. I know it's easier said than done but it's possible. Also, you should know that you don't have to justify all of your actions. If you know it's right thing to do, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Parents tend to push, but one day they aren't going to. Some college students need more of a shove, but after that do it on your own! You're better off embracing your independence now rather than using Mommy and Daddy as a crutch because in a couple of years you'll be forced to take care of yourself.

“Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”
Muhammad Ali

Be inspired and find your motivation. Taking the first step is the scariest but after gaining momentum, it gets easier. All you need is the will to take the first step.

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present.”
B.Olatunji

YOLO, right? Seriously, though, make every day the best day that you possibly can.