10 Inspirational Quotes From Criminal Minds

And what we can learn from them

806
CBS

Criminal Minds is infamous for their opening and closing quotes. These are a few of my favorites and what I think we could all take away from them.

"How people treat you is their karma; How you react is yours" -Wayne Dyer 

It's important to remember that you can't control how others treat you, you can only control how you treat others and how you react to others. To me, there's a focus on having self control in even the most difficult of situations.

"You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough." -Frank Crane 

Not being afraid to trust others. If you close yourself off then you'll get nothing. At least by opening up and taking that leap of faith you have a chance at support, companionship, and love. Choosing trust because the reward can be much greater than the risk.

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are the mark of weakness, but of power. They are messengers of overwhelming grief and unspeakable love." -Washington Irving 

Learning that it's okay to be vulnerable and that no one is perfect. Expressing your emotions allows you to understand your feelings better giving you the opportunity to connect with others and experience personal growth.

"Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go." -Hermann Hesse

Understanding that change is tough. Ending relationships and moving on can be a painful and difficult decision to make. At first, you may feel a great absence but with time you'll come to notice you are more complete.

"The sea is dangerous and its storms terrible, but these obstacles have never been sufficient reason to remain ashore." -Ferdinand Magellan

There is always an easy way and a hard way. It's understanding that in taking the hard way although you may fail to succeed, you will learn what didn't work and why and even though it might take you longer you can get the same results in the end and you'll be a better person with a stronger sense of accomplishment for challenging yourself.

"Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going." -SSA David Rossi

Applies to both physical and emotional scars. Learning that your experiences, traumas and even mistakes don't define and confine you. Learning from them and finding the best way to change from them and continue on.

"In the end its not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

Taking advantage of every day and every opportunity because tomorrow is not promised. Making the moments count.

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it." -Helen Keller

Being optimistic. Looking on the bright side. Choosing to see the good instead of focusing on the bad. Recognizing yourself and others for their strengths rather than their weaknesses.

"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton 

Understanding that there are significant rewards for facing your fears. Overcoming obstacles and not being afraid to challenge others.

"No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies." -Daisy Bates 

This one is simple. It is impossible to please everyone so don't waste your time trying. Be true to who you are, be authentic and don't ever apologize to anyone for being yourself.

https://gfycat.com/wiltedelectrichoki