Inside the Over Thinkers

Inside the Over Thinkers

If you are the over thinker, take a deep breath.

6
Inside the Over Thinkers
pinterest

When it comes to over thinking, I know I am not the only one that does it. So many people make it seem easy to not over think, or make it seem like it is a ridiculous thing to do. If you are an over thinker, you know there is no choice but to over think. Honestly it's not that easy to stop, and if it were I guarantee that everyone that considers themselves an over thinker would never be over thinking again.

The constant worrying that goes along with over thinking is just enough to drive you nuts. There is not a single day that goes by where you aren't worrying about something. Most of the things that you are worrying over, are the ones that you over think. Instead of taking or seeing things as they come, you decide to make up different scenarios which almost seem impossible to happen.

Over thinkers usually get questioned about their trust in people. To those that do not over think, no, us over thinkers do not have trust issues. Like I said before the scenarios we make up in our heads really do a number on us. If you're an over thinker, you'll understand it when I say that text messages are probably our worst nightmares. Whether it be us suspecting a change of tone in a person's messages, or when our boyfriend or girlfriend doesn't respond back to us for awhile. When this happens, an abundance of questions fill our minds. What did I do? What if they don't like me anymore? What if they're with someone else? Even if we know for sure they aren't seeing someone else, we will have ourselves thinking that they are when in reality they are probably busy, or maybe even just watching a movie with their family. This type of over thinking can not only destroy us, but it can also ruin our relationships.

Even though it seems like there are down falls about over thinkers, there really isn't. Over thinkers are the best kinds of people to have around when it comes to friendships, or relationships in general. You know they will always be honest with you because they don't want anyone else staying up until three in the morning putting together never ending scenarios. They will always take your feelings into consideration because when it comes to their over thinking, they would want you to do the same for them.

If you are the over thinker, take a deep breath. Try not to jump to conclusions immediately, sometimes other people will get caught up in their own lives and won't have time to answer back right away; that's okay, just go on about your day. I know it's easier said than done, but live in the moment not in the situations you make up in your head. When you learn how to do this, I promise your life will be a thousand times easier and there will be no more staying up late worrying, half in tears.

To those that know an over thinker, have patience with them. You have to be there to calm them down, and to let them know that everything is going to be okay. Sometimes you have to help them get out of their own heads.