Insecure Is My Life Story As An Adult

Insecure Is My Life Story As An Adult

Thank-you for showing Hollywood that black girl magic comes in every size and personality

96
Insecure Is My Life Story As An Adult

There is a show called" Insecure" by Issa Rae and it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I finally found someone who resonates with my awkward being. I just don't find places to fit in at times and I have realized that I do not like people that much. This show tells the story about a young black woman who navigating through this thing we call life and I think we are just alike.

1. I Cannot Do Hand Things

People assume that because I look a little darker I know exactly what they are insinuating when they put their hands up. I just cannot do it. I am so awkward with it and I do not know what to do with it.

2. I Cannot Do Relationships

In relationships, I always put my mind to something and then it never falls through. I be so over the dude, and then I be like "but I'm not leaving."

3. I Rock At Doing Things At The Wrong Time

If I found out someone's cat died, I will start laughing about the joke I finally started to understand around from ten minutes ago. It is so difficult to time my laughs and tears in the right moments. I guess I just don't get how awesome or terrible the situation is until later.

4. I Dance While Trying Out Makeup

When I'm trying to get ready to go somewhere I cannot just put on my makeup and leave. I perform an entire show in front of my mirror. I try on different colors and sing to myself and just dance. It is the real reason why I take more than thirty minutes to get ready.

5. I Give My Friends About Jesus

My friends always think Jesus is against them, but he's not. I always tell them the truth, unfiltered.

6. I Love Kids and I Always Have the Food

Don't ever underestimate the power I have with food. I can mend relationships and stop world hunger. Plus there is something about being me that younger kids love.

7. I Love To Turn Up With My Girls

I never realized how much I enjoyed dancing until I found that I love to dance with my best friends. At parties we all just huddle together and dance, laugh, and act like fools.

8. I Talk To Myself In The Mirror

The bestest friend I could ever have is myself. I realize the facts about the cruel world on a daily basis. Therefore, I am always giving myself a pep talk on the regular.

9. I Always Think Someone Is Talking To Me When They Are Not

It can be a wave or an introduction, but I always be thinking someone is happy to see me. Then, when they go towards my friends or someone else I just play it cool.

10. I Am Always Trying To Educate People

I am Black and I am constantly tired of people fitting or expecting me to fit into their stereotype of a black woman. I can be angry, but it is not because I am Black, it is because I am sick and tired of being mistreated and oppressed to make others feel happy.

I just want to thank Issa Rae, because she gets it. She gets life! She understands my problems! I haven never been happier than the moment I heard Insecure was coming out! It shows what it is like to be Black, woke, and awkward.

Love you Issa!