An Inner Monologue While Listening to "Hamilton"

My thoughts as I listen to "Hamilton" for the first time.

264
People Magazine

I am a recent “Hamilton” convert. Thanks to the peer pressure from some of my lovely friends, I finally sat down this week and listened to the soundtrack, conveniently in time for the Tony awards. My first the reaction, why didn’t I listen to it sooner? I am sure everyone is sick of reading about how phenomenal this musical is, but it really is something worth celebrating. Lin Manuel Miranda has created a beautiful masterpiece that will hopefully go down in history. The musical transcends its story of the incredible life of Alexander Hamilton. I decided to write down my reactions as I listened to the musical for your entertainment. Warning, there are spoilers.

They started with the phrase “whore”, this is going to be good.

Hamilton is just an over excited puppy. Listen to him shout.

A BRILLIANT over excited puppy.

Alright “My Shot” could be on the radio. This is GREAT.

I want a spin off with Philippa Schuyler.

Okay, King George III is like an ex. No sir, America will not be back.

Washington is like Hamilton’s long last dad. He is the dad we all want.

Alright, Eliza and Hamilton’s story is adorable.

WOAH. WOAH. Angelica did what? Okay big sister goals right there

No, no, no. Dueling is stupid.

Yep, Washington has dad status. He just sent Hamilton for a time out

The sass coming from King George is actually brilliant.

“Dear Theodosia” is incredibly sweet. Burr is such a sweet man.

“Non Stop” is pure brilliance. Look how it ties everything together PERFECTLY

Jefferson, you missed a lot. Like the whole first act.

Alright if the cabinet meetings were actually rap battles, that would be SICK.

Okay, little Philip is a baby Hamilton. So cute.

NO HAMILTON NO. YOU ARE BETTER THAN THIS

Burr is getting pissed. This should be good.

Okay, he is a bit of a traitor.

No Washington don’t leave! Okay that’s a valid reason.

Oh. My. God. King George’s laugh.

Okay, Hamilton you have redeemed yourself with you honesty. I like you again.

BUT POOR ELIZA. SHE LOVES YOU SO MUCH

No Philip NO. No dueling.

I TOLD YOU PHILIP

I am not crying. You are crying.

NO HAMILTON NO DUELING

Oh my god, okay yes I am crying.

Eliza is actually amazing. She is a goddess.

LET’S LISTEN AGAIN!

If you can't tell, I am only slightly obsessed. Now, I must try and score tickets somehow.