The Injustices Of Trump's Executive Order On Immigrants

President Donald Trump has banned people from 7 countries from entering the United States legally.

33
www.slate.com

The United States of America is built on immigrants becoming American citizens. And as an American citizen I am appalled by President Donald Trump's actions of banning those who have visas and green cards who are from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Somalia, Yemen, and Libya from living their lives here in the United States. No, these individuals are not terrorists and they have done nothing wrong other than decide to come to the United States and start a life here. These people came to the United States under legal circumstances, found jobs, bought homes, and started a life here. However, their lives here have come to an end because of Trump's executive action on immigration signed this pass Friday.

I saw a post on Facebook that has been going viral of a woman that has a home and career in the States and just because she's from Iran, she cannot return to the land she now calls home. The woman's parents live in Iran and she was excited to go back and see them. But, little did she know Trump's actions to prohibit those with visas and green cards from these 7 countries affected her. She found out through the internet that Trump's executive action was put into place and had to leave 2 days after her arrival and got a flight to India to catch one to the States. By the time, the woman reached India and booked a flight to the United States and begun to go through security, she was detained. Because of her origin country the woman was not allowed to return to the United States on her work visa. She had a career, a home, and a life in the U.S. and in the blink of an eye, it was taken away from her.

Reportedly, the Department of Homeland Security issued a statement, saying that it "will continue to enforce all of the President's Executive Orders in a manner that ensures the safety and security of the American people." This means that the Executive Order will remain in place and those that have work visas and green cards for the United States will be prohibited in entering the country. Those who are abroad in their home countries of Sudan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen will not be able to go back to the United States to start a life in the so called "land of opportunity".

The United States was built upon immigrants coming to the New World in the search of a home without persecution. And now we are judging those who come to the United States in the search for opportunities and a better life. We have already put a negative connotation upon those of Muslim and Arab descent and we are only increasing that separation from them. Just because one is from the Middle East does not mean that they are any less the person you are. We are all humans, we make mistakes, we love, and share memorable moments together. Who are we to judge one another? And who are we to discriminate against others? All they want is a chance to lead a new life in search of better opportunities for themselves and their future families. The United States is supposed to be an example to the world and we have just tainted ourselves with our actions of bigotry and racism.