15 Inexpensive Date Ideas For Couples On A Budget

You don't have to sacrifice date night to save a few bucks.

68

As if planning date night isn't hard enough with varying schedules and kids/pets, oftentimes there is another hurdle to overcome — money. For many of us, date night is the last thing we are saving money for, but without one, we risk possible damage to our relationships.

Recent studies have shown that date nights have many benefits including stress relief and strengthening the commitment of those in the relationship. So next time you're thinking about canceling date night because of money problems, you might want to think again. Here are 15 date night ideas that won't cost you your relationship or much money.

1. Snuggle up and watch the sunrise or sunset

This costs 0 dollars and one of the most romantic date nights ever.

2. Go on a hike/walk

Not only can you see some beautiful scenery but you'll also get a bit of fresh air and some exercise, something none of us are getting much of lately.

3. Take a YouTube dance lesson

Or, if you prefer something more casual, just pour you guys a glass of wine, turn on some music, and just dance for fun.

4. Have a picnic

This is a perfect and inexpensive way to spend sometime with the person you love.

5. Go picking for some fruit

I know it sounds boring, but I promise it's not. It's a perfect way to get out of the house, plus you'll get some fresh fruit.

6. Stargaze

I'm not sure what it is about stargazing, but it's so romantic. You and your partner are sure to enjoy this cheap date.

7. Go museum hopping

Museum entry fees are typically inexpensive or totally free, so that makes this a perfect way to spend date night when you're on a budget.

8. Have an at-home happy hour

Everyone has booze, so just open up some of whatever you have, turn on some music, and have a little at-home happy hour. Easy, fun, and cheap. Simple as that.

9. Take a drive

Driving around is a good way to spend some quality time with your partner. It's also a good way to add a little adventure to the relationship.

10. Volunteer at an animal shelter

Does a better date exist?

11. Go ice-skating or roller-skating

This is definitely not a date for everyone, but if you don't mind possible injuries or are one of the few people who are actually good at these two activities, they are a fun and cheap date for date night.

12. Go geocaching

I personally have never tried this but I have heard that it's super fun. Check out this website to learn more.

13. Attend a local bar's karaoke night

Whether you participant or not, you and your partner are sure to share a good laugh while on this date.

14. Have a movie night

Basic, I know, but sometimes basic is good. Pick out a few movies you've been wanting to watch on Hulu or Netflix, pop some popcorn, and snuggle up on the couch. Sounds perfect to me.

15. Go bowling or mini golfing

Not only are these two activities the epitome of cheap date nights, they are hella fun too.