indian tourism

25 Best Places to visit in india.

India is a truly diverse nation with regards to culture, ethnicity, languages and geographical terrains. With the mighty Himalayas in the north to the wide expanses of deserts in the west. With lush green habitat with abundance of rainfall in north-east flanked by the finest temple art and stunning sculptures in south, India really HAS IT ALL! India has the power to truly glorify your spirit, lighten your heart and beautify your life.

170
25 Best Places to visit in india.

Picked the very best places that India has to offer

Srinagar- Jammu and Kashmir

Home to magnificent rivers, snow capped mountains, rich valleys, serene lakes, vibrant flowers is an incredibly scenic location. With a chance to indulge in plenty of adventures including trekking, water rafting, canoeing and a lot more makes it every tourist's dream destination

Ladakh- Jammu and Kashmir

Ladakh also known as the 'Trans- Himalaya ' is truly trance inducing by the nature of its exemplary scenic beauty and introduces us to the Buddhist- Tibetan culture. Minor pine fresh mountains and rocky cliffs with wide valleys between, adorned with spectacular salt-lakes is a site to behold.

Sikkim

Adventure travelers can explore the perfect blend of Hindu shrines and Buddhist-Tibetan monasteries . The turquoise tinted Kanchenjunga- which is the third highest mountain in the world along with sapphire skies, cerulean lakes makes it all too easy to fall in love with this place.

Darjeeling- West Bengal

Steep mountain ridges that spread as far as the eye can see, Darjeeling is one the premier attractions in India. The emerald-glazing tea plantations leaves the spectator awe-struck. The front row seat to the majestic Kanchenjunga in addition to the colonial-era architecture and the spectacular wildlife sanctuaries definitely proves to be the brightest gem in the crown.

Meghalaya

Almost an otherworldly tourist destination , the name itself means the 'abode of clouds' and it totally holds up to it. Among the most wettest places on the earth, gives way to the most dramatic waterfalls carving the most beautiful and mesmerizing caves.

Valley of Flowers- Uttarakhand

Valley of flowers located in the West Himalayas is a UNESCO World Heritage site. With a lush carpet of blooming alpine flowers on one side, the snow-clad Himalayas on the other and the alluring river that divides them feels like heaven on earth.

Rishikesh- Uttarakhand

Scenically located where the the Ganges come down from the Himalayas, Rishikesh is the 'World Capital of Yoga' with plenty of Ashrams which prove to be a magnet for spiritual seekers. The Ganga aarti ,an premier attraction, is the best way to immerse yourself to an truly magical experience.

Jim Corbett National Park- Uttarakhand

Prepare yourself for the spectacular panorama of the jungle with a plethora of wildlife species, birds, mammals, reptiles and flora. It is the oldest national park in India which was established to protect the Bengal tiger is an breath-taking haunt for wildlife lovers.

Spiti- Himachal Pradesh

Spiti meaning the 'The Middle Land' is the land between Tibet and India. Another chunck on the spectacular Himalayas spreads like a ribbon along the northernmost part of India. Surrounded by gigantic mountain ranges, the Rohtang Pass and Kunzum Pass appeals to one and all.

Kasol- Himachal Pradesh

Nested in Northern India, Kasol is home to a group of peaks called 'The seven sisters' which offers numerous apple orchards and dots ancient wooden temples. The perfect climate along with the picturesque pastures make it an ideal destination for hikers.

Agra - Uttar Pradesh

The Taj Mahal- One of the Seven Wonders of the World is one of the reasons why visitors cannot get enough of this place. The legacy of Mughal Empire offers a plethora of magnificent tombs, forts, marketplaces and mosques.

Udaipur- Rajasthan

Eutrophic Lake Pichola along with ancient havelis, temples and palaces , scenic boat rides, vibant baazars , the mesmerizing Aravalli Hills- Udaipur has it all. It incorporates an wide array of gardens, monuments and a royal setting which makes it one of the most romantic and beautiful destinations.

Jaipur- Rajasthan

Known as the 'Pink City' due to the distinguished pink shade that governs most of the buildings. It is a part of the Golden Triangle along with Delhi and Agra. The beautiful Hawa Mahal, City Palace , Amer Fort are some of the few attractions the city has to offer. With the gardens, courtyards, museums, palaces this destination has a little bit of everything.

Jhodhpur- Rajasthan

Mehrangarh, one of India's biggest forts affords a view on the mesmerizing 'Blue City' of Jhodhpur. Lying almost on the edge of Thar desert the city is blessed with architectural masterpieces which include forts. temples, palaces, scented market places which captures a traveler's imagination.

Rann of Kutch- Gujrat

Celebrated expanse of the mighty white desert is one of the most prominent attraction that Gujrat has to offer. The Rann Utsav, wildlife sanctuaries, forts, virgin beaches and handicrafts are some of the other features that put traveller's senses into an overdrive.

Odisha

Home to hundreds of intricately sculpted Hindi temples Odisha is also known for its tribal culture. Unparalleled melange of ancient art along with candid beaches enhance the beauty of the place. The lionized Sun Temple at Konark has unprecedented artistry and charm which is found to be unparalleled.

Goa

Best known for its beaches and parties, it is also blessed with refreshing wildlife and bird sanctuaries. The beautiful blend of Indian and Portuguese culture along with its exemplary rustic aura is India's favorite holiday landmark.

Ajanta Ellora Caves- Maharashtra

Chisel carved rock sculptures with remarkable details were meticulously modeled for about five decades. The outstanding cave painting and carvings depict the spectrum of development of the Buddhist, Hindu and Jain culture. The enthralling art forms are so intricate they are capable of exhibiting emotions through gesture and pose.

Mysore- Karnataka

Home to numerous palaces which reflect the perfect blend of the Hindu, Islamic, Gothic and Rajput culture. The gleaming royal heritage, monuments which includes the Mysore Palace, Jaganmohan Palace, Chamundeshwari temples makes it one of the most enthralling cities in India.

Hampi- Karnataka

The magnificent ruined temples from the Vijayanagara Empire exhibit splendid carvings attract tourists like a moth to a flame. Along with this the Daroji Bear Sanctuary is abode to the Indian sloth bear.

Ooty- Tamilnadu

Part of the Nilgiri mountain range this hillstation draws a swarms of tourists every year. The botanical gardens, rose gardens( which flaunts to have nearly 2000 varieties of roses) is another draw-card in the paradise that is Ooty

Kodaikanal- Tamil Nadu

The name itself means 'The gift of the forest' has its landscape marked by waterfalls, lakes, valleys embellished with forests and granite cliffs. Centered on the amazing Kodaikanal lake which is unique in terms on its star shape, prepare yourself for the lush green virgin forests that rambles all along unique to South India's western ghats.

Alleppey- Kerala

Best known for it's houseboat cruises, the city offers a number of beaches and greenery fringed ambiance. It is home to lake Vembanad which is India's longest lake with a bird reserve. It offers Kerala's one of the most relaxing experiences and is an epitome of beauty and tranquility. Kerala has a lot to offer to tourists and is rightly known as 'God's own country'.

Andaman and Nicobar Islands

Mesmerizing environment, blissful waters, serene wilderness, ample sunshine with no dull moments. Besides the beaches the lush green forests, mangroves and greenery makes this an out of the world experience.

Lakshadweep

A group of islands situated off India's west coast in the Arabian Sea is known for its reefs, resorts, beaches and mosques. The perfect blue setting fringed by jaded palm trees has captivated travelers all over the world.