Why Index Cards Are The Best Way To Study
Education

5 Reasons People Who DON'T Use Index Cards To Study Are Psychopaths

Why you should change the way you view people who use index cards for note-taking!

1338

People who don't use index cards to study are missing out. Here are my top 5 reasons you are crazy if you don't use index cards.

1. You Are Less Organized

Messy Notebook

Index cards are a great way to stay organized. You can put different things on each card or even turn them into flash cards to help you memorize important facts. When studying, using index cards is a great way to remind yourself of whatever you need to know for a particular class or subject.

2. You Struggle To Carry Around Huge Notebooks 

Folders and Notebooks

Tell me, is it easier to carry around a huge notebook of notes for every class or a small stack of notecards secured with a rubber band? I personally will always choose notecards for their portability. I can carry hundreds of notecards and have them weigh less than a stack of notebooks. Plus, you have to factor in carrying around all your textbooks.

3. You Have No Style

Card ClipArt

Notecards are awesome for expressing yourself. They come in tons of fun, cool colors now, besides just white. Personally, I like to put each class (subject) on a different color of cards, so I know which ones are for which class.

4. You Don’t Have A Cheat Sheet

genedoe (wordpress)

Many Professors allow students to use a cheat sheet, an index card with a few notes written on it. If you don't use notecards, you won't have one on hand when your Professor allows a cheat sheet on that next big test. Yes, you could ask to have one from that classmate that always uses them, but they might not be willing to give you one.

5. Your Learning Is Impacted

Notes on Pinterest

I feel that organizing your thoughts in a visual way helps many people learn better, myself included. Overall, having your notes written on separate cards allows you to focus and remember what you have read and written down more than just keeping the notes in a notebook in a single list would.

So, the next time you scoff at someone using index cards, keep in mind that they think you are crazy for not using them.