There Is A Difference Between Compromising And Conforming Yourself For Someone Else

Now I’m not talking about watching the sci-fi film on a Saturday night because that is what he wants to watch.

438
Allie Bishop

It is OK to be independent.

My parents always taught me to be my own person and to never conform to something I didn’t want to be.

As sad and crazy as it sounds, there are guys who will actually try to get you to do or be something you’re not comfortable with being/doing.

It is crazy how often I see women changing themselves just for a guy.

First off, no one is worth changing yourself for. You should be who you are, and they should want you for your dorkiness, extroverted, or bashful self.

There is a huge difference between compromising yourself to make another person happy by conforming your entire ideas and values just to please someone else or get them to notice you.

Now I’m not talking about watching the sci-fi film on a Saturday night because that is what he wants to watch. I am talking about smoking that cigarette because he wants you to, or sending that picture of yourself because he asked for one.

NO.

That is not how it is supposed to be! You do not, wait let me correct that, you SHOULD NOT have to do anything to please anyone but yourself. If you don’t want to do something, THEN DON’T DO IT! It is that simple.

It is so sad that women think they have to do anything and everything to please a guy. No guy is worth changing yourself for!!!

Do your own thing. Be your creative, quirky, unique self. You do not need to be anyone except 100% your true self. If someone isn’t going to respect you and treat you the way you deserve to be treated, move on.

Someone once told me that there is no reason to waste your time with people who will not respect you because it is so easy to find someone that will.

Recognize your self-worth, and realize you deserve better! Christina Yang once said, “Don’t let what he wants eclipse what you need. He’s very dreamy, but he’s not the sun, you are.”

You are the freaking sun! Show the world how beautiful you are! Do not let anyone take that away from you.