Why Incredibles 2 is the number 1 movie out

3 Reasons 'Incredibles 2' is the number 1 movie out

This contemporary sequel to a Disney classic has two female leads, brings up society's addiction to technology, and shows how parents are heroes.

26

The Main Hero and Villain are Female!

Females get the spotlight

In the first movie, the audience never gets a look at what life is like for Elastigirl as a stay-at-home mom with three super kids. In fact, the first movie is focused on Mr. Incredible almost entirely. The sequel brilliantly brings Elastigirl to the spotlight and gives her a chance to shine. The main villain in the story is also female! The two create an incredible storyline and allow for a crazy twist midway through the movie. Seeing women in both of these roles is both amazing and refreshing.

'Screen Slaver' Brings Up Society's Addiction to Technology

Technology addiction is a problem

The main villain in the movie goes by 'Screen Slaver', a play on the term "screen saver." Slaver thinks society has a huge issue with screens and ultimately uses screens to hypnotize whoever she needs in order to get a leg up on the super heroes. There's a point in the film when Slaver's voice is being broadcast through every television and the audience hears how we (society) look to live our lives through screens rather than living them in the moment. We don't talk we watch talk shows, we don't live we watch reality TV shows, we don't love we watch Dating shows, we don't make news we watch news shows.

Parents are heroes, too

Parents are heroes too

In the first movie, the audience never sees a day in the life of Elastigirl as she takes care of three super kids. That all changes in the sequel as a binary is created after Elastigirl accepts a job to help supers become legal again. The film goes back and forth between Elastigirl's exciting times as a super hero and Mr. Incredible's job as a stay at home dad. In a way, it shows how even a super hero has a tough time watching after their kids all day. Mr. Incredible is beyond exhausted after just one day with the kids, who live regular lives and go to school each morning.

The "Incredibles 2" sequel exceeded my expectations with its attention to details and storyline. The writers truly picked up right where the first left off in 2004. They seemingly covered every topic like female lead roles, technology addiction, shouting out parents, and alluding to people being claimed as "illegal." It is one of the greatest super hero movies to date and in my opinion, everyone should see it in theaters while they can.