In Response to "Stop With The Gender Reveal Parties"

Why cant you accept the fact that these parties are cute

145

Dear Greg,

Look, We get it.

You don't understand what a Gender Reveal Party truly is. It is a moment in time, where family and friends can come together to learn the gender of a baby or sometimes even to surprise the family that they are pregnant. A gender reveal party by definition is " A public announcement by expectant parents of the sex of their unborn child."

Why cant you accept the fact that these parties are cute and it does not matter how elaborate or done up these parties are, that is completely besides the point. Most parents arent posting their gender reveals in hopes that it goes viral. That is just the world of social media, when you post cute, relatable things, other people share them because they are adorable and we all need more cuteness in our lives.

In your article, you also say... "I'm 100% positive that a man didn't come up with the idea of a gender reveal party and here's why: I've yet to see any alcohol in any of these gender reveal videos AND practically every one I've seen has the man just basically standing there for show...similar to the man's role in a wedding. Look at almost any gender reveal party, baby shower, and/or wedding video and you'll see every man in it doing about the same thing...standing there desperately attempting to hold onto any shred of manhood." Now, most viral gender reveal parties that I have seen, the man is just as excited as the woman for the reveal. Let me show you a few examples...

#1- Oh, and look! Dad is holding a beer!

#2- Oh, look. Dad isnt just standing around, "loosing every shred of his manhood"

#3- Oh, look, here is another one where dad is participating AND theres alcohol involved

Now, to me, it doesnt look like those men were forced to do a gender reveal party against their will like you are suggesting. It looks to me like they are enjoying the moment!

Side Note- What does it matter if your soon CHOOSES to have a gender reveal party for his soon to be child, that is his and the baby mamas choice, and I am sure that he would not do something unless HE wanted to do it too.

In regards to your comment that men are terrified to say if they agree with you, but they do... Who are you to speak for the millions of men out there and decide that they are all terrified to speak up if they dont like the idea of a gender reveal party?

But what do I know? I'm just a millennial female that is part of the generation that loves gender reveal parties.