20 Things I Want To Do In My Next 20 Years

So what are you going to do with your next 20 or 30 years?

447
NamePros

I heard Tim McGraw’s song, "My Next Thirty Years", the other day and it really got me thinking. My birthday is in a couple days, well actually, by the time this is published it will have passed, but anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to reflect on a few things that I have done and want to do in my next 20 years.

1. I'm going to stop procrastinating.

Probably one of my worst habits. I don’t think I ever do anything well before the deadline. I’m assuming that’s why I get myself in a lot of sticky situations.

2. I'm going to learn how to say "no" to people.

I cannot for the life of me say no to someone, even when it terribly inconveniences me. I get so much added responsibility and I get a bit stressed. I don’t think I can keep this going for another 20 years.

3. I'm going to learn how to do things alone.

If I really want to go to the bar, I will text 20 different people, and if they’re all busy, I will just stay home and feel sad instead of going. I also can’t shop alone, or get food alone, or spend longer than 5 hours at home alone during the day. I just get bored and lonely.

4. I'm going to pay off all my debt.

I don’t have too much in the way of student loans, thank god, but I foresee myself taking a mortgage out for a house, so I presume that I am going to have to pay off debt.

5. I'm going to hit the gym.

I do go to the gym, but like once a week, and only if a friend goes with me. #socialanxietyproblems I should probably change that.

6. I'm going to go to law or med school.

I’m not one of those people who look at Patrick Dempsey and think #goals, naw. Being a doctor is the goal, McDreamy (okay I won’t lie, I was Team McSteamy) is the by-product.

7. I'm going to actually pick a career path.

If you saw the last point you see I really have no idea what I want to do. I want to be a cop, firefighter, doctor, lawyer, personal trainer, sports team GM, etc..The list literally goes on and on. I went to school and got all the courses required to basically do any of those, but I really just need to pick one and go for it.

8. I'm going to finish my bucket list that I wrote in high school.

I had a 31 page bucket list in highschool with things from “go skydiving” to “go to La Tomatina” that I got part way through, but forgot about really, once I got to college. I hope to actually go out and get some of those done.

9. I'm going to play in a semi-pro league.

I love rugby, hockey and roller derby, so I would love to keep playing as long as possible, maybe for the next 20 years who knows. I know a guy in his late 50’s who still plays semi-pro rugby, so if he can do it, I think I can too.

10. I'm going to have a six-figure bank account.

If not more! Who doesn’t love long romantic walks to the bank!?!

11. I'm going to have a hella cute boyfriend.

Or fiancée, or husband. Who knows where I’ll be in 20 years. I just hope he’s funny and cute.

12. I'm going to have an incredibly sexy car.

Preferably a Lykan Hypersport, Knight XV or Gurkha, 1969 Yenko Camaro, McLaren, BMW i8. Maybe even a 65 Aston Martin DB5, who knows, maybe I’ll have all of them.

13. I'm going to stay close with my friends.

I have sisters who are in their 30’s, so I’ve seen how people kind of get older and job-focused, so they lose touch with a lot of friends. I don’t want to be that person, EVER, because I absolutely love my squad, so not losing them would be a goal of mine.

14. I'm going to quit drinking so much.

I figure you have about 3 or 4 years after you graduate college before it officially counts as having a problem. I’ve realized at this point, I need to go out to the bar to have a good time, and I don’t want to be THAT person 20 years from now.

15. I'm going to take a chance on some of the entrepreneurial ideas I've had.

Open a bar. Start a fashion line. Idk. But I figure in the next 20 years I’ll have the capital to start one of those endeavors that I’ve thought about for such a long time.

16. I'm going to travel.

Bora Bora. Easter Island. Samoa. Fiji. Jeffrey’s Bay, South Africa. Vegas. Cartageña. Rio. Buenos Aires. Havana. Nassau. Ecuador. Machu Picchu. Wherever the road may take me I guess.

17. I'm going to have kids, (maybe).

I mean not of my own, hell no. But maybe sometime in the next 20 years I’ll decide I want to be a foster parent or something to some poor children, who knows.

18. I'm going to be a humanitarian.

Maybe build wells in Africa. Build homes for people in South America. Somehow make an impact on the world.

19. I'm going to do big things.

Dine with Mrs. President (I firmly believe Michelle Obama should run). Become a senator. Party in Ibiza with One Direction. Find a cure for cancer. Dream big things. Do big things.

20. I'm going to have no regrets.

I urge you to think about how you want to spend your next 20 or 30 years of life. Don't be afraid to DREAM BIG! In the famous words of Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."