I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry

Open apology to my greatest best friend.

39
I'm Sorry
Jahamancely Cruz

First, I would like to say thank you for sticking around as long as you did. I am well aware that I am a tough person to understand and love, so for that I thank you. I also want to thank you for the endless laughs, hand holdings, hugs, and sweet kisses. Through our short time together you became my greatest friend, my best friend. Through you I discovered new parts of myself that I did not know existed.

But this is not about me, this is to say I am sorry--

I am sorry for the tough times I put you through. For as young as you are life is difficult enough and it was unfair of me to expect you to grow up as fast as I did. I am sad that our adventure came to an end but this does not mean that I do not understand why you wanted to cut it shorter than we had planned. I will be honest the first few days I tried hating you, I wanted to resent you but I could not. I could not because even through the worst times I spent with you, you were still the person I wanted to be with, to argue with, and to cry with. Although, it has not been long since we last spoke or saw each other I could not bring myself to say this to you in person because I am afraid to change your mind.

I am sorry that I did not always appreciate you for the person that you are. You are wonderful. I want to believe that you loved me truly and purely. You always made sure I felt like the prettiest girl even when I was being the ugliest.

I am sorry for not appreciating your affection. I never thought I would lose it. It was tough for me to accept it because I never grew up being physical. When I tried explaining to you that it was difficult for me to be physically affectionate with you I was not lying. Aside from that I was afraid, afraid that if I let myself love those little intimate moments with you and later I lost them, I would be lost too. I am lost.

I am sorry that I did not appreciate your youthfulness. Since I was young I have always been expected to be mature, an adult. I unfortunately expected the same from you. We met at a very difficult time in my life and because of that I subconsciously expected you to act my age, but even when you did not somehow your presence made me forget the harder things.

I am sorry for always thinking that you were wrong and I was right. I now realize my age got the best of me.

I am sorry for falling short of what you expected. Since day one I began making decisions based on our future. Maybe I rushed and you were not ready. I am not perfect.

Finally, I am sorry if you ever doubted my love for you. I did and do love you, you are my first love. It was difficult to say those words to you, but just know I really mean them. It might not always seem like I did and I am sure that my actions did not always reflect them. I have a soul that is difficult to understand and I know you tried. I was like an ocean that expanded over multiple places, but when my waves crashed in they involuntarily tumbled you down.

I chose you every single day and I still choose you. You have so much ahead of you and for as difficult as it is for me to recede for now, you are right. Find yourself in this crazy and tough world. Do not spend so much time treading on what if's. As the way I believe you loved me, love yourself and make your dream come alive.

Ear promise.