While there are many different things you can do over break, not many of us try to make the most of our time off to get ahead in our professional life. There are many productive things we can do over break from the comfort of our homes that can help us to become better professionals in our field. (Plus, it will get mom off our backs that we just laze around all day!)

1. Update your resume or turn your resume into a curriculum vitae.

2. Update your LinkedIn profile.

3. Write your personal statement or professional statement for applications like grad school. 

4. Look into grad schools and apply for scholarships. 

5. Look into and interview for internships or jobs. 

6. Practice interviewing. Make a list of your accomplishments and develop an elevator pitch for yourself. 

7. Apply for research programs or work on your research project. 

8. Learn or improve skills for your resume like Microsoft Office, graphic design, computer skills, etc. 

9. Stay up to date on what's going on in your field by listening to podcasts, reading books or articles, watch TedTalks or other presentations. 

10. Attend a workshop or take a course online that will help you develop your skills or gain more content in your field. There are many that are offered for free or cheap!

11. Compile a professional wardrobe and plan outfits so you always have something to wear!

12. Make a list of your professional goals and make a plan of action for how to get there.

While this is not a comprehensive list, these are easy ways for you to develop your professional life and make sure you are on the right track to succeed after college in the real world!