Working As A Team Is An Important Key To Life

Nobody is good at everything. Leave your arrogance behind, and embrace the strengths of others. The collaborative achievement will speak for itself.

253

Alright, everyone. Bring it in. Huddle up. We've got to talk about something important before getting back out there. This is serious. It's about how important teamwork is.

I'm not here to treat you like a baby or lie by saying everything is going to be okay. Right now, I am giving you the cold, hard truth. You cannot expect to do well out there on the court, the field, or the job site if you don't get used to the idea of playing together as a team. Doing anything completely by yourself is harder and will take a lot more time than doing it would doing it with a team.

We cannot spend the rest of our lives just trying to outdo someone else! Competition is inevitable, but there is a time and a place to try to overcome the challenge of squaring up with another individual. When we're giving everyone else a chance to make use of their strengths, the final outcome will be spectacular.

No matter where you go or what kind of people you end up working with, everyone has their own strengths. Understand that there is NOBODY that is good at everything. You cannot be a show off all of the time. Leave your arrogance and your stubborn mindset at home and get ready to pass the torch to somebody else. When everyone works to the best of their ability, the well-rounded and the collaborative team effort will speak for itself in the end.

Why? Because everything you do in a team is preparing you for the next time that you need to be on a team. The lessons and experience you take with you from high school competitions will translate to collaborative projects in college, which will give you the ability to perform well in a professional setting.

Help one another when they are down. Be encouraging. Offer advise. Push each other. Know when to ask for help. Commit. Show up on time. Give it your best every single day. Do not cut corners. Do not miss a step. Stay focused. Watch the clock.

REALIZE THAT YOU ARE NOT THE STAR OF THE SHOW.

If you are only thinking about yourself all of the time. You will lose all of the time. Maybe not in a sport, but somewhere else. People with the biggest egos only care about the thing that they think they are the best at, which inevitably causes them to slip up in other aspects of adulthood.

Learning to lose is important. How you handle a loss is what builds character. Moreover, realizing when you are wrong is part of what makes very great leader stand out. Everybody makes mistakes, but not everybody admits when they do.

These habits that you build and find success with will come in handy everywhere. Being a good teammate will turn you into a great member of society.

Remember to be patient. Be honest. Forgive. Help a stranger. Take time to make a difference.

Don't run your mouth. Your actions will speak for themselves.

You WILL NOT BE SUCCESSFUL if you are unable to collaborate with a team.

There's more in you than you realize. Work harder. You will not be great if you are alone.

Is that understood? Now, let's get back out there and show them what we're made of. Hands in. "Go Team" on three. 1! 2! 3!