To My Grandparents

To My Grandparents

The support system of our family
17

You're both hilarious. You are constantly making everyone in the family laugh with the way you bicker and pick on each other. You remind us that we really do love each other, even when we struggle with that. You are the center of our family, whether you know it or not.

There is no one else in the family like the two of you. You've been through so much together and you're still holding each other up. You hold up our entire family, no matter what we're going through. The two of you are the foundation that our family has grown on and continues to stand on.

But you're not just the foundation. Somehow, you support us and stand with us at the same time. I marvel at the two of you. You do the impossible. You've managed to hold our family together and even when we were torn apart for a little while you stood next to everyone, gently reminding us that we are better standing together than we are apart.

You're relationship has made you stronger. That's how you can constantly hold our family together. One day I want a relationship just like yours. I want to bicker and pick at and be independent, but still have someone to crawl into bed with at the end of the day and say "I love you" to - and mean it.

I know I'm not the only one in our family who feels this way about you both, but I was thinking about how little we tell you that we appreciate you. You both go out of your way to take care of everyone in our family, even when you don't have to. We are your priority, I can see it in every decision you make.

I think that I can speak for the entire family when I say, we love you. There will never be any one else in the world like the two of you and I wouldn't want it any other way. You are both so special. I will never be able to put into words how much you both mean to me and to the rest of our family, but I thought I'd try.

Thank you so much for everything that you do. We know that you love us and I want you both to know that we love you too.