Importance Of Unity

Importance Of Unity

A fundamental view
2419

Unity

It’s the state of being united or joined.

Unity is a key element to a team. A team comes together to achieve a common goal and these past few weeks America isn’t looking so united. America is a country that prides itself with diversity and unfortunately, that bedrock is being tested. America happens to be one of the most influential countries if the most influential countries in the world.

America preaches democracy across the world and freedom of expression but it’s looking like this nation’s people can’t even practice what they preach. The very same democracy that we all firmly believe in is crumbling. Regardless of what political side of the spectrum people land on and where they view’s stand. Shouldn’t they all be respected?

Unfortunately, it’s not looking that way and instead of this country uniting it’s being cut right across the middle by its very own people. The candidates ran a good campaign and there could only be one winner and now there’s a group of people who won and a group of people who lost.

Things are escalating for the worst and people are being targeted for their beliefs and these kinds of things shouldn’t be tolerated by any American. Views and perspectives should be respected regardless if they’re mutual or not. The only time values and beliefs are not okay is if they truly involve hurting or imposing their views on others against their will.

America is a great country and one can only hope that the American people can still stand united after this election. Besides, it is four years and the president does have power but he doesn’t hold all the power and that’s the beauty of this country. Things will chang,e and re-elections will occur. America will be okay as long as it continues to stand united.

The firm foundation of democracy that this country has been built on is be shaken and it now more than ever must hold. This nation has been through a lot and it’s a young nation compared to the rest of the world but it will hold as long as there is unity. The American people must stand side by side regardless of their views and it’s been done before.

For national that has fought against slavery, segregation and even today’s current fight for equal rights for LBGT. I think we will be okay as long as this nation begins to understand that we should not stand as democrats, republicans, blacks, whites, gays, straights but as Americans. We are all united under one flag and we will continue to stand as Americans.

“United we stand divided we fall.”

John Dickson