No Matter What You Do, It's Important To Have A Vision
Life Stages

If you don't have a vision, how can you be sure of what you want for the future?

80

Have you ever heard something and felt like it was directed exactly at you? There are so many people surrounding you, so many outside distractions, but a certain message feels as if it was made for you to hear. That's exactly how I felt in church a few weeks ago when our pastor talked about the importance of "re-imagining" our lives. To anyone who is currently struggling with their self-image and future plans, this message hits especially true. On that particular day, my pastor's main point was that "vision brings focus which brings clarity on the next best step for me."

This point really stuck with me because I had to ask myself what I need to focus on in order to gain clarity to what I need to work towards for my future. In the everyday hustle and bustle of our lives, it can be easy to lose focus on what is important. We must ask ourselves what we envision in our lives for our present and future life.

It's so important to have a vision for your life because you must have the motivation and drive to accomplish your goals. If you have the vision of all you want to succeed, it's so much easier to work towards them. We have to ask ourselves what we were made to do; which is different from all of the things in life that we have to do or we want to do. Sometimes in our daily life, we get caught up in our hectic schedule that entails a busy work or school day.

Sometimes, the stress of all the things we have to do can allow us to lose sight of what we were made to do. Some of the things we want or have to do keep us distracted from the most important thing of all; our future goals of what we were made to do.

So what did this teach me? To think about the most important aspect in your spiritual life which for me, is knowing God's grace. It taught me the importance of keeping my vision with me throughout every situation I go through. It's easy to lose hope or doubt yourself when you're facing hardships. However, hardships may suddenly become a bit easier to suffer through when you remember the big picture; your vision. Remember your goals are possible if you truly want it. Work harder and don't give up.

Furthermore, hard work can get you exactly where you want to be if you let it. Motivation can be easily lost if you're not working towards anything. You have to remember why you started in the first place. Milestones are important and should be acknowledged because that means you're making strides toward your ultimate goal. Mental and emotional milestones are included in this as well. You cannot win if you're not right within.