A Letter To Those Who Think They Know Me...

My name comes out your mouth more than your plans... that's a problem.

1090

Number one, you don't. It doesn't matter how many years you've known my name or existence because every day I'm evolving and turning into who I truly am. How can you know me when me and I just met? Just learned the things we love and dislike and how we been holding back. How can you hold against me things from years past? When honestly, I forgot them and if you don't, you need to grow and find yourself some business.

Dear person who knows me well enough to speak on me, don't. My name shouldn't escape your lips unless you yourself is spotless. Yes, I got a record, and indeed I have a past, but it's something we all have moved past.

Dear old lovers who think I care about your new life, guess what I don't. Stop lying to your new boo telling her I still want you. Have some class and stop watching my ass. I'm looking to love someone who means so much more than I did to you, and if you regret it, hell me too. I am focused on me and healing my heart, but my future, baby you will not be apart.

Dear friends who walked away when life had me down when things look up, don't come back around. I've made my mistakes and remember you have too, so no need for fake apologies when I ignore you as you do.

So, I write this letter because I am on a new path, life has given me struggles yet I still standing and making moves. People doubted me, I even doubted myself at times, but I am here. So those who thought they knew me, you don't, so keep in your lane, and I will keep making my own.

For those who thought they know me and still talk about me from ten years, four years, even two years ago. Don't. I am no longer any of those women, and furthermore, if you are still the same person after all those years, perhaps you should spend time talking about and thinking about yourself.

Dear person who thinks they still know me after all these years, you do not know me, so stop speaking on me. I am growing, evolving and elevating, while you are sitting still talking about who I used to be. So, who really has a problem here?

Signed, Someone new!