I’m Fine, Thanks For Asking

I know you are probably curious, as noted by the fact that you have hardly even spoken to me in weeks, but I really am fine. My classes have gotten kind of rough, but everyone has classes get rough eventually, it’s natural. Thank you for asking about my classes, though. I really appreciate it.

Work? Oh, work’s going well. My mentees are pretty great, as usual. I’m helping organize a pretty busy semester, but that’s actually kind of fun. We’re taking an awesome trip soon down to the King of Prussia mall and to do some fantastic community service. We have the Big Event to look forward to, and who doesn’t love the Big Event? Oh, and Relay for Life? We’re making scrambled eggs! Not going to lie, it’s a pretty unusual thing to do for Relay, but it’s unique and scrambled eggs are great! It’s looking to be a pretty fun semester, thank you for asking.

My schedule this semester is pretty crazy so figuring when I have time to eat has been pretty interesting. And see, when I say pretty crazy…I mean it. I either have class during when I should be eating lunch or dinner, or I have barely any time. Yeah, I know, I was the one who scheduled my classes, but still. I like it when my schedule is less crazy. The good thing? I’ve slowly figured out the exact prices of my favorite meals across campus that aren’t the Commons. Mainly because it’s weird to go and eat at the Commons by yourself, and because I have hardly any time to eat there. Thank you for asking how crazy my schedule can get, though, it means a lot.

If you haven’t been able to guess, my semester is pretty busy. I’ve done 18 credit semesters before, but it doesn’t exactly get easier. So even when I only have one class or it’s the weekend and I have none, I’m either still busy or I’m decompressing. Decompressing on the weekends is great. One week I was so stressed that I spent an entire day watching the entire first season of Luke Cage. It’s a good show, you really should look into it. Pretty sure I interacted with five people max that day as well. Between work and school and extracurricular stuff, my week is busy and my weekend is time for relaxing and homework, eventually. I suspected you were interested in why I eat meals by myself most of the time this semester, so thanks for asking.

Despite being busy all the time, though, I’m fine. When things get rough, I have people that I know have my back unconditionally and unquestionably. They listen to what I have to say, even if I may be wrong, instead of trying to outdo me and correct me. They understand what I’m going through because they have actually stayed by my side, they haven’t given up on me for one reason or another. I’m not a conditional friend to them, only there when they need me to help them for something, I’m a friend always to them.

In case you’re wondering: I’m fine, thanks for asking.