excited to study abroad this summer

10 Reasons I'm Excited To Study Abroad This Summer

I can't wait!

99

I knew from the beginning of college that I wanted to study abroad. I didn't know where I would go, how I would get there, or if I would even get the chance to do it! Luckily, I'm so fortunate to get the opportunity to go, and I've never been more excited in my life! Here are 10 reasons why I'm looking forward to getting out of the country this summer.

1. I get to travel across the world

Traveling is something I love doing, and I haven't done as much as I would've liked to yet. Of course, I have the rest of my life too, and this is just the beginning!

2. I get to meet new people

Not only do I get to travel with people from my school, but I also get to meet locals! I'm can't wait to share such a cool experience with so many people.

3. Accents

I LOVE ACCENTS. Sorry not sorry, but it is one of the reasons that I have literally never been happier to leave the country.

4. I get to travel the new country and try not to get lost

I am actually terrified of getting lost, but there's nothing that good ole Google Maps can't fix. Plus, if I do get lost, at least I'll have someone with me because I'm not going anywhere alone!

5. I get to explore other countries with my friends

Since I'm going to London, that means that other countries are relatively close to me! I'm planning on going to France and possibly Belgium, and I couldn't be happier.

6. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity

There's a chance I won't ever get to travel again. There's a chance I'll never get to study abroad again. There's a chance for everything, so I'm avoiding all bad possibilities, and taking the chance to do what I want to now!

7. I get to learn more about my major

I'm ecstatic to learn more about what I'm getting myself into for my future jobs. I'll come back from London a new woman with a new understanding of journalism.

8. I'm going out of my comfort zone

I mean this both literally and figuratively. I'm going to be in a foreign country, and I'm also going to be without my usual family and friends only minutes away from me. YIKES!

9. I get to try new food

I'm so excited to eat food I'm not used to (even though I'll probably go to McDonalds at least once). Trying new food is easily one of my favorite things, and I can't wait to stuff my face!

10. I get to be independent

As someone who isn't very independent, I plan on FLOURISHING in London. My independence will grow and I am so ready for it!

I can't contain my excitement at ALL.