Why I'm Leaving Odyssey

So, nobody is going to read this. I get it, haha. But I still wanted to put this out there just in case someone happens to come across it. I have mixed feelings about Odyssey, to say the least.

Odyssey helped me to keep writing, particularly when I was taking science classes and was doing very little of that in my academic work. Odyssey also helped me to feel like I was a part of a community of other people who like to write too, and I was able to meet and talk to others from my university who also write for the platform.

Unfortunately, Odyssey requires weekly submissions, and I simply don't have the time or the content to write about for this requirement. The result is very superficial and forced pieces of writing on my end that are extremely disingenuous. I don't like how Odyssey values quantity over quality. Many of my articles are honestly examples of my most horrendous writing. The website itself is buggy and slightly annoying to use, and new updates like article view counts definitely detract from the experience for me. Also, the amount of ads placed on articles is crazy. It's hard to even read one without being bombarded by pop-ups. It makes the entire website feel less about writing and more about money.

At the core, Odyssey is a great place for writers to get their work out and begin a journey towards published work. However, it is far from where you want to stay if you truly want to make an impact with your writing.

Thank You, Odyssey,

An Ex-Creator