If TLC Shows Represented The Months Of The Year

TLC is more than just Toddler and Tiaras

15
Newravel

TLC may have nothing but reality shows, but these shows greatly vary in plotlines and tones. Some of them are of inspiring people, others document the lives of huge families, and a few are just downright strange. All twelve months of the year are a part of our realities as well, but they differ, too, due to holidays, weather patterns, etc. Therefore, I decided to compare the two:

January - Jon and Kate Plus 8

You begin the New Year with family members, although not as many as Christmas (see December). It's a tad chaotic, but it can be controlled. Plus, this is the month where everyone tries to be as orderly as Kate in terms of making a resolution.

February - Say Yes to the Dress

Since the 14th is Valentine's day, a lot of crushes are revealed, dates are offered, and even proposals are held. Usually, the bride-to-be immediately starts looking for the perfect wedding dress after her fiancée pops the question.

March - What Not to Wear

I guess this one is more of a desire than a representation. People make unfortunate clothing choices during spring break. They ditch their jackets and pants for crop tops and shorts that leave little room for imagination. I wish Stacey and Clinton would hit up the popular beach destinations and intervene.

April - My Strange Addiction

Any activity is better than preparing for finals. Anything. Especially when it also serves as a coping mechanism.

May - Hoarding: Buried Alive

Finals are actually here now. We feel like we are buried alive in textbooks, Quizlet sessions, and Word Documents.

June - Untold Stories of the ER

Finals are over, summer has begun, and people get a little too excited...

July - Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

People have now dialed down the energy and are just lazy; they don't want school to start.

August - Extreme Couponing

How can school supplies cost this much? Especially the textbooks (why so many people go to Chegg instead of the bookstore). Anything even slightly on sale warrants a second look.

September - Four Weddings

The weddings from all of the Valentine's Day proposals begin to occur.

October - Toddlers and Tiaras

These toddlers wear $1,000+ dresses, hair extensions, false eyelashes, and a ridiculous amount of makeup to compete in pageants. They no longer look like themselves. When we dress up for Halloween, we no longer look like ourselves either.

November - My Strange Addiction/Cake Boss

The first half of the month is ditto to April. The remaining is Thanksgiving break. Both Thanksgiving Day and Cake Boss consist of food and family.

December - Hoarding: Buried Alive/Cake Boss/19 Kids and Counting

The first half of the month is ditto to May. The remaining is Christmas break. Like November, it consists of food and family. However, the number of family members is so large that you cannot even identify some of them by name.

I think it's time for TLC to produce and release this calendar! It may be too late for 2017, but not for 2018!