If the shower curtain sticks, install a screen
Education

Many times, when we shower, we suffer the discomfort that the shower curtain or bathtub sticks to our bodies. Who has never felt the unpleasant sensation of the wet curtain attached to the back? And there is only one way to avoid such situations: install a shower screen.

36

Although cheaper at first instance, shower curtains are much more uncomfortable and much less hygienic and safe than screens, which end up being a very good option for our bathroom and provide us with many advantages. The traditional shower curtain breaks easily, can cause accidents and also lets out water splashes.

Advantages of installing a shower screen

Hygiene and comfort

The screens are a much more hygienic element since, in comparison with the shower curtains; they do not accumulate moisture and thus prevent the appearance of mold. Therefore, shower curtains end up being a short-term option, since they have to be changed more often.

The cleaning of the screens is easy and fast, and applying any conventional cleaning product will get perfect results. As mentioned earlier, a screen is much more comfortable when showering, since, with it, one can forget about the tedious cleaning of the curtains.

Resistance

The material with which the screens are currently constructed as resistant to pressure and temperature, and therefore they do not erode or crack with use and the passage of time. It should be added that, obviously, the more quality the material and the thickness of the screen glass, the more its strength and, therefore, its durability increases.

Security

The shower curtain has always been the trigger for slips and falls in the shower, which can cause severe blows and severe fractures in the person who suffers. This is an especially important fact if we talk about elderly or disabled people, who need a better adaptation of the bathroom since they are much more sensitive to falls and may have mobility problems. With the installation of a shower screen, all kinds of hazards are avoided in terms of safety and accessibility is also improved.

The shower curtain is not dangerous just because it can cause slips if someone steps on it or bumps into it in the shower, but also, because it does not have an airtight seal, it can cause the water to run out of the shower and cause the slip once the person has left.

The closing systems that will make our screen airtight are an important aspect since they will determine exactly what is the effectiveness of having wet room installation is one of them in our bathroom and minimizing or preventing water losses to the outside.

Esthetic

In addition to hygiene, safety, and resistance to the passage of time, the shower screen will greatly improve the aesthetics of our bathroom, giving it style. We can also find a wide variety of types of screens that we can adapt to our bathroom according to the measures, shape, and color.

Putting a screen in the bathroom will contribute to the design of our bathroom, being able to make it a design space simulating even having more space.

The screens have long been gaining ground to the mythical plastic shower curtains. After telling you all the pros offered by installing a screen, would you be willing to change your shower curtain?