If Grey’s Anatomy Characters Were College Majors

Every major has some Grey's characteristics.

642
ABC.com

Warning: SPOILERS. Please do not read ahead if you do not wish to hear a few spoilers of Grey's Anatomy (mostly season 8 and later).

We all hope to choose the right major in college, and often compare ourselves to other majors. To help take some pressure off of these choices, here are what some popular Grey's Anatomy characters may have chosen if they hadn't gone into the medical field.

1. Art: April Kepner

April is known to be bubbly, extremely smart, patient, and creative in her methods to help patients and how she deals with predicaments.

2. Biology: Teddy Altman

Teddy was also in the military with Owen, meaning she had to be aware of her surroundings at all times and must be able to adapt to new situations quickly, similar to biology majors. I mean, have you seen the grueling material they must learn each semester?

3. Business/Communications: Jackson Avery

Jackson is very well aware of the legacy that his last name carries, especially in the medical field and the family history he must live up to, similar to many business people who must live up to their family names. But who wouldn’t want to win a Harper Avery Award?

4. Chemistry: Lexie Grey

Not only does she have it with Mark Sloan (kidding, but not really), Lexie is extremely intelligent and knows her way around the medical field. Her work ethic and determination towards her profession is often acknowledged by her superiors, just like chemistry majors because of its level of difficulty.

5. Criminal Justice: Owen Hunt

I mean he was a trauma surgeon in the Army, so whether you are planning to go into law enforcement, military, forensics, or advocacy, he has probably been there with his experience as a military leader, the chief of a hospital, and a trauma surgeon.

6. Education: George O’Malley

George is probably the nicest and most caring character that Grey’s had ever seen. I mean have you seen how great he is with Tuck?! If you have a heart as big as O’Malley’s, then you’ll definitely be able to survive being an education major.

7. English: Addison Montgomery

Addison is respected, smart, and knows how to talk to her patients in a caring way and a way that they are able to understand, making her a top candidate if she were an English major.

8. History: Richard Webber

Richard has been at Seattle Grace Mercy West (Grey-Sloan Memorial) Hospital since his internship and has endured many hardships at this hospital, from a bomb scare, to a shooting, and many scandals, he knows the history of this hospital like the back of his hand.

9. Journalism: Mark Sloan

Mark always seems to know the gossip in the hospital before everyone else, and is able to spread it like wildfire, much like Journalism majors must be able to do.

10. Law: Miranda Bailey

Bailey basically runs the hospital. She is intimidating, hardworking, fights for the rights of her patients and coworkers, and is also one of the kindest and most caring characters (once you get on her good side). She has had to operate and attempt to save the lives of several of her original interns, referring to them as her babies because she helped them start their medical careers, even if they constantly argue. Her ability to persuade her coworkers of what they are capable of would make her a strong candidate as a Law major.

11. Math: Ellis Grey

Ellis was one of the brightest doctors that ever works at Seattle Grace, if not the brightest. She came up with new techniques and challenged herself and those around her, just as Math majors do.

12. Music: Callie Torres

I mean, have you watch Season 7 Ep. 18? This was the creative musical event episode of the series and showcased the incredible talents of the entire cast of Grey’s Anatomy, with Callie (Sara Ramirez) taking the lead in this episode and showing off her ability to sing.

13. Nursing: Izzie Stevens

Izzie obviously cares about her patients, as seen with Denny. She has a big heart and always means well for her patients, even if it results in the cutting of an LVAD wire every so often. Nurses often have big hearts and care for each of their patients, just like Izzie.

14. Philosophy: Meredith Grey

Meredith is often reminded of her rough upbringing and always has ideas or wants to know why she was raised the way she was. Her mother wanted her to be extraordinary, but Mer never felt as if she lived up to these expectations, and always had thoughts of why bad things often occurred to her, just like Philosophy majors wanting to see the bigger picture of life.

15. Political Science/International Affairs: Arizona Robbins

She went to Africa to help save the lives of many children, so Arizona is obviously a top candidate for either of these majors, as she knew how to work with foreign countries and how to meet their needs, as well as having a big heart for her patients in Africa.

16. Pre-Med: Derek Shepherd

Crazy intelligent, caring, and kind towards his patients, Derek obviously housed the most important characteristics that Pre-Med majors need, as well as being the best Neurosurgeon the show had seen, so why not keep him in the field of medicine?

17. Psychology: Cristina Yang

Being the other half of the Twisted Sisters with Meredith, Cristina also wondered why people act the way they do and why her life had turned out just how it had, from her dad dying to Burke leaving, she always wants to know why her life is how it is.

18. Sports & Exercise Science: Alex Karev

Can we forget Alex’s constant reminder that he was an All-State wrestler and wrestled in college? Even when he attempted to body block Dr. Stark, he reminded him just how great of a wrestler he was while Arizona and Callie attempted to save their patient’s leg. With his record as a wrestler and avid workout enthusiast, it’s obvious Karev would enjoy being an SES major.