It Is Important To Know How To Identify Between Toxic And Healthy Relationships

What is the most important key to building any relationship? The key is not flirting. It is not standing out. And, most definitely, it is not reward-giving.

25
two persons holding hands

Relationships are complicated. I would like to discuss the difference between the bad ones and the good ones so that everyone can identify them and decide to detach or attach wisely.

What are some usual harmful relationships? Usually, one where one person talked bad about another. Maybe one person broke a boundary or a line that cannot be crossed, and the other person lost trust because of it; maybe one person took advantage of the other person, which eventually caused them distress. Another way to describe these relationships is verbally abusive relationships, line-crossing relationships, and parasitic relationships. Additionally, there are physically abusive relationships.

Examples of each type:

• Verbally Abusive Relationships: Disrespectful
  • Line-crossing relationships: Cheating, not respecting boundaries
  • Parasitic relationships: Financial bullying

To separate from them requires help from other people. Never assume that no one cares. Our lines of communication are more connected. There will always be organizations that help people during struggles, such as NAMI, women's shelters, and more.

Unconditional respect, strategy, and patience allow for the exiting of any toxic relationship. Disrespect puts someone's mental health at risk.

What are some good, healthy relationships though? Healthy relationships have clear, defined boundaries. Healthy relationships are respectful, supportive, and mutual. Additionally, they can be intimate.

Examples of each type:

• Respectful relationships: Never trying to intentionally hurt a person's feelings
  • Supportive relationships: Respecting clear, defined boundaries
  • Mutual relationships: Voluntarily choose to look out for each other

Lastly, there are certain effects these relationships can have. Toxic relationships can lead to mental distress, a decrease in one's financial instability, and even co-dependency on one partner. Healthy relationships, on the other hand, have accountability, meaningful communication, and a sense of trust towards each other.

Our relationships must stay meaningful and allow room for growth. We must recognize what kind of relationship we are in; our future depends on it. Our children's future and the generations of the future depend on it. Let's be a good example for the world. Let's educate our children on boundaries, mental health, and prepare them for their future. The key to building a better future is having respect for all people. Respect is better for everyone's mental health, and it is the primary key to all healthy relationships.