I Snapped At My Friend And Now She Thinks I Hates Her

Just Because I Snapped At You, That Doesn't Mean That I Hate You

It's not my fault I wasn't feeling well and snapped.

309

During our lives, we all snap at our friends at one point or another. That is to be expected in every culture. Everybody does it, no matter how strong their relationship or friendship is. It is inevitable.

Just a few days ago, I snapped at a good friend of mine. Now, she is acting like I do not even exist. We used to sit together in our class and at a movie screening for another class every Tuesday night. When I snapped at her (because I was not feeling well), she basically forgot all about my existence.

I am sorry I had a migraine. I am sorry you were acting like you had no clue that my nausea was because of my migraine. I am sorry you were saying to make sure I was basically pinned against a wall with someone right on top of me on the opposite side. I am sorry I get mad and snippy when I do not feel good, but honestly, this is not on me. You know how I get when I feel terrible.

I know I probably did not need to snap, but I have no control over what comes out of my mouth. And while you may be acting petty ever since it happened, I do not hate you. Am I mad that you are acting like this? Yes, but I have every right to be.

You have known me for over a year now. You have seen me when I do not feel good, so you know exactly what to expect from me if I am feeling absolutely horrible. You knew that I had had a migraine for several hours, and nothing was helping.

None of this should be getting thrown on me, when you're the one completely forgetting and pushing aside that I am not myself when I do not feel good.

Watching you give a presentation earlier in the week, I was able to notice your whole presence. I was in the front row. You were incredibly tense just because I was in the room. You looked angry that I even showed up, even though I am the one taking the course for a grade and you are just sitting in.

You refused to look at me. You looked at everybody else but me. Your partners looked at me, but you did not.

Why am I the one getting the backlash? You caused me to snap. I did not want to do it, but it just happened. That happens in life.

Friends are going to snap at friends. Are we even friends still? All you do is avoid me. I saw what you did the other night at the screening.

Oh, well. If we are no longer friends, it was nice knowing you. I hope you have a nice life. Maybe we will talk soon, but I doubt it.