I Miss You

I Miss You

I Hope You Miss Me Too

24
Woman sitting on wooden bench

I miss you, I hope you miss me too. Can you miss me? I'd sure like to think so.

It's been a few years, but a few feels like a lifetime. The only time I get to see you is in my dreams, distant memories and the same 10 pictures we have together since you never liked taking pictures. As I stare at the pictures, think about my dreams and recall my memories I remember:

I miss the way you would light up when getting ready to tell a joke.

I miss your loud booming laugh when you watched something funny on TV.

I miss how interested you were in nature, in bugs, in life.

I miss building sandcastles on the beach with you.

I miss coming downstairs to the smell of your cooking.

I miss hearing the garage when you would come home from work.

I miss watching you using the same coffee mug over and over again.

I miss your love of biking and the joy you get from pumping your own air into your tires.

I miss shopping for you for your birthday, Father's Day and holidays.

I miss you cuddling with the dog even when you said you didn't want her on the couch because she smelled.

I miss your warm presence in a room.

I miss you telling me how proud you were of me and me getting embarrassed.

I miss you telling me how proud you were of me.

All of these things I miss about you, but what I truly miss, is you.