Reason Why I Love My Sister

To My Big Sister, You're More Than My Sister, You're Also My Best Friend

You have been my best friend from the day I was born.

133
Danielle Morris

Arie,

You have been my best friend from the day I was born. You and Jeff both helped raise me since you were both teenagers. It was always a little odd growing up with four parents because there were so many eyes on me, but it's something that I am now so grateful for. I am so thankful for all of the nights you had to babysit me, instead of going out and hanging with your friends.

Some of my first memories with you include playing "Fifi the French Model", going to the mall for hours, and hanging out in our park. I remember the day you left for college, and I was so heartbroken. I didn't understand why I couldn't go with you. My life changed after that. More of the eyes in the household were on me, and even more-so when Jeff broke my heart too and went to college. I never understood what this "college" place was, and why I couldn't go too. Soon after, we moved to Tucson and I was so happy that I could now spend even more time with you and Jeff. We had so many fun memories here, despite how much you hated it!

My favorite memory from that time was when we took the road trip up to Monterrey, California and stopped at Disneyland on the way. That was probably the most fun I had at that time in my life. Growing up, you were always the first person that I went to for any type of advice that I couldn't talk to mom and dad about. You coached me on boys, friendships, and general things that a teenager deals with. You were always there to hear me and shoulder my cries and for that, I'm so grateful.

When you finally met Lane and asked me to be your maid of honor, it finally brought me back to those days at the mall. We would look through the glass at wedding dresses, and say, "one day." I was so excited to stand next to you on one of the biggest days of your life. Honestly, it just felt too surreal to me that you were finally getting married.

Overall, I wanted to thank you for always being there for me, and never turning your shoulder to me when I need you. I know that we are much more than sisters, we are best friends. I will always cherish that we have this special bond. I know that no matters what happens, I will always have you there for me.

A lot of times we do have our differences, but we always end up figuring it out and becoming even closer afterward. You have helped mold me into becoming a well-rounded woman (i hope!!), and I'm so thankful for that.

It's crazy because we do have so many differences between us. In a lot of ways we are polar opposites, but in the end, I am so glad that I am following in your footsteps of gaining my degree in literature.

I love you forever sister,

Bee