I Love My Parents And I'm Not Embarrassed By Them

I Love My Parents And I'm Not Embarrassed By Them

They have always been there for me when times were tough and the fact that their love is unconditional is amazing.

187

I am so grateful for many things in my life. I have an amazing boyfriend, for the most part, I like school, I have the best group of friends, but I wanted to highlight two very special people in my life. My parents! They have always been there for me when times were tough and the fact that their love is unconditional is amazing. Have we disagreed? Definitely, but who hasn't disagreed and fought with their parents?

I have always been close with my parents and could always tell them everything - I still do to this day. I know I need to keep in touch more but college gets hectic. I have always told many people that if my parents and family moved up to New York my life would be complete, even though my father would never leave his home state. However, when they visit, it's always really nice and refreshing. We just talk about our lives and my gorgeous dogs, of course.

When they leave, it's sad, but I always feel a little more motivated to do well and not give up. Even if we're miles apart, I could still go to them and tell them why I'm feeling down. They listen and support me, and although they put in their input sometimes, they are trying to do what is best. When they tell me about home, it breaks my heart that they work so hard and they don't get what they deserve. The fact they adopted and rescued two dogs, were fair with me, and work their buts off inspires me.

When I was younger, my mother told me that I had to do my homework on my own and that has stuck with me. That doesn't mean they didn't encourage me to get help. They encouraged me to speak up when something was wrong and if I needed help.

Mom and Dad, I love and miss you two so much. And if Autumn and Troy get upset, I'll write an article about them, later.