I Am Many

I Am Many

I encourage you to write about yourself, even if it's just a few words.

112
I Am Many
Monica Galarza

One hashtag/ trend on Instagram that recently caught my attention was the "I Am Many" movement. Like many women across the nation, I feel empowered to tell the world who I am, and what I stand for. As much as I have complaints about my generation, I feel hopeful, and admire, that I'm part of one that is making an effort to have their voices heard, and proudly be who they are; without shame, or fear of repercussions.

It's a perfect time to have a movement of this nature, considering how often the President has been abusing his power, and pushing to eliminate any progress we've made prior to his presidency. It hasn't even been two years, yet it already feels like our country is regressing, and turning into a place of intolerance and oppression. With overt deceit, denial, and just plain stupidity, he has somehow managed to gain support by the equally, if not more, idiotic crowd.

Despite his meager attempts, there's a large portion of us who resist what he represents, and are fighting to preserve our rights. Any opportunity we have to make a difference –no matter how big or small –is a triumph, and should be embraced! I am many things, but I know I am NOT, and will never be, a Trump supporter.

"I Am Many" inspired me to write about myself. I encourage others to do the same. Every so often, it's healthy to reflect on our existence. I think I spend more time critiquing myself, rather than focusing on my better characteristics. So, I'll try to point out more good than bad in this post. This is not an exhaustive list, nor is it in any particular order. Without further ado, here are (some) of the many things I am:

I am God's creation –imperfect and still discovering myself.

I am a woman.

I am a soul.

I am a kid at heart.

I am getting older.

I am a good person.

I am a sapiosexual.

I am a Gemini.

I am a believer of God.

I am faithful that goodness will prevail.

I am family-oriented.

I am Peruvian.

I am Spanish.

I am Japanese.

I am American.

I am a Spanish-speaker.

I am an adamant supporter of immigrant rights.

I am a Hispanic woman.

I am proud of my culture and family.

I am a pansexual woman.

I am a supporter of LGBTQ rights.

I am a law student.

I am a student of philosophy.

I am a student of art.

I am simply a student; wanting to learn more about life, and myself.

I am a socialist.

I am a daughter; my parents' are my best friends, and the people I love most in my life.

I am a sister. My brother is also my best friend. Even in distance, I feel connected to him.

I am emotional.

I am impulsive.

I am smart.

I am beautiful.

I am open-minded.

I am tired.

I am nostalgic.

I am intuitive.

I am a pessimist, borderline optimist.

I am caring.

I am thoughtful.

I am a thinker.

I am weird.

I am a goof ball.

I am a movie buff.

I am always in need of (good) music.

I am learning how to play the piano.

I am an amateur photographer.

I am a fan of games.

I am a fan of crayons.

I am a cheese and wine aficionado.

I am a (half-ass) artist.

I am a reader.

I am lost in shows that resonate with me.

I am a dreamer.

I am a pet owner.

I am happier during the autumn season.

I am in love with nature.

I am a cat (in another universe).

I am an improvised cook.

I am a (karaoke) singer.

I am a (mediocre) writer.

I am a giver.

I am a night owl.

I am opposed to order and conformity.

I am small, but mighty.

I am sad.

I am happy.

I am thankful to be alive.

I am 28 years old.

I am still learning.

I am Monica.