Hyperthyroidism Causes Me To Be SKinny

Hyperthyroidism Causes Me To Be SKinny

The condition is a serious thing for people to have

375
Hyperthyroidism Causes Me To Be SKinny
google images

I am a 19 years old college student. I weigh 148 pounds. Being skinny is getting old. I am tired of looking like a stick. I can eat all I want but still gaining weight is not going to happen. I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in the 4th grade. Hyperthyroidism is basically when your thyroid gland is hyperactive. That is the main reason why I can't gain weight. My thyroid gland causes my hormones to develop faster so at a young age I was growing in height fast. Having this condition is just making me angry that I can't gain weight consistently. I can do everything possible to put on weight but my hormones disrupts that process. Ever since I was in the 4th grade I was prescribed medicine to control my thyroid levels. My levels can be fine but at the same I still won't be able to gain weight. I just want to be able to be a solid weight. I just feel as though someone can just push me around. I want to be able to hold my own with being skinny. People like to question my strength which is something I just hate. The fact that I am a male I just hate the fact people can just think I am weak. I am not that weak. My doctor came up with a plan to end this process of me taking medicine. The ultimatum was down to getting surgery or take treatment to eliminate the thyroid gland. The choice that I chose for myself was to take the treatment with the radiologist. During fall break I am going to start the treatment back home. The treatment process involves me going up to the hospital to take the pill. The pill will be radioactive but safe to use on me. With it being radioactive I am going to have to be careful with the silverware I use. As well as that I am going to have to be cautious with whom I come in contact with. The effects will be great for me because the medicine could possibly cause negative things to happen to me in the future. Now that I am at that age I look back at it and just thankful that my doctor was to detect this condition. It might not seem serious but before being diagnosed I was someone that was always out of breath. As well as just being out of breath it affected my schoolwork as well. Now I am living a healthy life.