Position: HR & Talent Management Specialist

Location: New York, NY

Odyssey is a Gen Z and young Millennial opinion-sharing platform that endeavors to facilitate positive impact through authentic and meaningful discourse. We facilitate this by providing:

• A constructive space for anyone to share and discover authentic perspectives.

• The resources Creators need to become more effective storytellers.

• Next-step opportunities for everyone to respond and take action.

Launched digitally in 2014 and headquartered in New York City, Odyssey initiates over 7,000 authentic conversation-starters a month from an active creator base of over 2,500. Odyssey's website reached 105 million people in 2018 (publishing nearly 1 million pieces of content to-date from 126,000 Creators) and currently indexes #1 (comScore 2019) compared to all major competitive Gen Z + Millennial female digital publishing properties in the market.

JOB DESCRIPTION:

The HR & Talent Management Specialist will partner with key stakeholders of the business (Editorial, Product, Marketing, etc...) to develop, implement and refine talent management initiatives that support and drive the company's strategic vision and culture of collaboration, authenticity and excellence. This role is integral to the continued growth and success of Odyssey and requires strong teamwork and excellent judgment and decision making in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis.

You are a key contributor to the company, and an advocate for necessary change to promote an outstanding workplace, and thrive in a dynamic early stage company environment.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Strategic partner with business / team leaders; build strong relationships and collaborate with all team members to achieve company growth objectives
  • Develop and deliver full cycle talent management initiatives including, recruiting, selection, compensation, performance management, training and development, and succession planning.
  • Serve as Culture Ambassador/Influencer, fostering and strengthening our unique, collaborative culture
  • Oversee day to day HR needs and manage employee relations - provide a positive attitude to all employee inquiries, ensuring accurate and timely answers and advice
  • Capture/report on key HR metrics (Headcount management, at risk/rising stars/underperformers, on/over/under budget, etc.?)
  • Manage full lifecycle recruiting and hiring including drafting job descriptions, sourcing, screening, interview management, tracking pipeline, offers, reference checks, etc.
  • Oversee HR on-boarding and training; touch-points for new hires
  • Be a key influencer across the organization in fostering and strengthening a culture of collaboration, excellence, and initiative that will be vital to Odyssey's success.
  • Drive Culture initiatives company-wide and promotes Odyssey vision & value
  • Help initiate and facilitate Social Responsibility Program/Volunteering initiatives and Speaker Series
  • Liaison for NY employees on payroll & benefits issues in partnership Indy team including ADP HR Portal and help develop ADP as a tool for Odyssey communications
  • Keep apprised and maintain compliance and understanding of federal and state regulations concerning employment practices as it pertains to company policies & procedures
  • Work on special assignments and projects, as assigned
  • Oversee NYC Office Management/facilities

JOB REQUIREMENTS:

• 3-5 years of HR experience, preferably in online media/technology, within a start-up or early stage environment
  • Proven success in implementing people programs including compensation, performance reviews, HR compliance, and professional growth & development initiatives
  • Expertise in employee relations issues and dealing with and understanding labor laws
  • Experience with organizational design and talent management
  • Exceptional relationship building and influencing skills, with the ability to develop trusting relationships at all levels of the organization
  • Proven success with building company culture programs
  • Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
  • Organizational master, highly detail-oriented, and can prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs
  • Proven track record of effective HR multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
  • An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a high-energy company and work independently
  • Pro-active problem solver who is solution oriented
  • Must have a positive and energizing attitude
  • Experience with ADP Workforce Now is a plus
  • Master with Google Suite (Sheet, Docs, etc.) and Excel and PowerPoint guru
  • BA/BS Degree, focus on Organizational Psychology a Plus

At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plan, and generous Time Off. All benefits are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.

Read more about us at https://www.theodysseyonline.com

Careers Page at https://www.theodysseyonline.com/careers/

Interested parties should email resumes to careers@theodysseyonline.com